Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

airkas1

Re: Photographer(s) Feedback on the new site

Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:57 pm

ptrjong wrote:
:arrow: The term for the photographer's remark has been upgraded to 'caption', but it's not a caption at all when you open a picture; it's in 18th place, below every other bit of information except the photo size! That is ridiculous. The caption needs to be right below the photo.

:arrow: The aircraft type information given in the search pages is the generic type, which is a mistake. You see a photo of a Thai UH-1H and then you get a 'Bell 204/205/210 (H-1/40 Iroquois)' letter soup, as if A.net has no idea which of these it actually is.
Also, the reg needs to be with the thumbnail as others have said.

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the feedback. I've added the above quoted suggestions to our list.

spompert

Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:06 pm

spompert wrote:
Thanks, interesting. I have noticed there is a difference between the top 5 and the first 5 best shot in 24 hours. Should be the same I would say or at least a bit up to date. Greets

I am now 100% sure. The top 24 hours (sorted by "last day") does show photos that are added more than 24 hours ago. I have the idea it`s more a top 48 hours, although I am not sure what it shows exactly. That also explains the difference with the top 5 on the frontpage. Would be nice if this bug is fixed. Regards Stefan

bombayduck

Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:11 am

Will uploaded photos all be grouped together for easier screening as on the old site or, by the time of each individual uploaded photo?.

ptrjong

Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:51 pm

A photo I offered for test screening was accepted with an oddly high photo ID # (#3856335). On my search results page it is displaying sometimes behind, but sometimes in front of #2836307 which was accepted a day later. I hope it's clear what I mean.

Peter

airkas1

Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:09 pm

Hi all,

Because of some current sizing issues, we have decided to leave portrait-style photos in the queue for now. So if you had one that was due to be screened soon, it can take a little longer. When the sizing issue has been resolved, the photos that we had to leave for the moment will be priority screened. Sorry for the inconvenience.

spompert

Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:45 pm

Hello, is there already an idea about the difference between the top 5 and the top 24 (first 5)? See my post before. I was also wondering what it means to follow somebody. I follow a friend, he has uploaded a photo but I don`t get a warning or something? Other thing I have noticed is that Schiphol has a second title when uploading a photo. So you can choose between Amsterdam (Schiphol) and Amsterdam-Schiphol. Now photos will be divided in two groups and that`s a shame when searching for photos taken at AMS....

airkas1

Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:29 pm

spompert wrote:
Hello, is there already an idea about the difference between the top 5 and the top 24 (first 5)? See my post before. I was also wondering what it means to follow somebody. I follow a friend, he has uploaded a photo but I don`t get a warning or something? Other thing I have noticed is that Schiphol has a second title when uploading a photo. So you can choose between Amsterdam (Schiphol) and Amsterdam-Schiphol. Now photos will be divided in two groups and that`s a shame when searching for photos taken at AMS....

- It's on the list (if you mean the top 5 photogs show the all-time top 5 photogs)
- Following people: depends what you have as settings. See settings here: top right corner avatar --> settings --> notifications.
- I did indeed notice the double Amsterdam issue before, I have alerted the editors to that.

spompert

Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:14 am

airkas1 wrote:
spompert wrote:

- It's on the list (if you mean the top 5 photogs show the all-time top 5 photogs)
- Following people: depends what you have as settings. See settings here: top right corner avatar --> settings --> notifications.
- I did indeed notice the double Amsterdam issue before, I have alerted the editors to that.

Thanks for the reply. I have selected all options in the setting for notification but still never had any notification when someone I follow uploaded a photo. Maybe I am wrong but looks like it doesn`t work. With the difference between top 5 and top 24 I mean that the top 24 does not show the photos added within 24 hours but more like 48 hours, although "last day" is selected for ordening. I think this is a bug. Greets

airkas1

Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:36 am

I've added both to the list.

ptrjong

Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:50 pm

The Northrop T-38 Talon is missing from the upload 'manufacturer filter' and I'm not allowed to enter it manually, even with the filter disabled.

ptrjong

Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:33 pm

Same for the PZL-Mielec Lim-5, sigh.

vikkyvik

Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:27 am

Couple of questions - I apologize if these have been asked and answered, but I'm not up for poring through 1000+ posts in Site Related to check.

Is the signing-in thing still being worked on? When I first get to the homepage, I appear to be signed in, and can go to my photo corner. Then if I go to the forums, it says "Welcome, vikkyvik", and I can go to my (forum?) Control Panel, but can no longer go to my Photo Corner. I'm very confused (and I'm typing and submitting this reply while it still says "Sign In" at the top right).

In the Advanced Photo Search, what is the difference between "Manufacturer" and "Builder"? Probably a stupid question, but I have very little detailed knowledge on such things.

When uploading a photo, is there a way to preview the watermark? I don't recall that being an option on the one photo I uploaded. But to be fair, I got fairly confused about halfway through uploading, so maybe I missed it.

When changing a watermark on an uploaded photo, I noticed that after I submitted the changes, the photo didn't change immediately. It might be good to put a bit of text there saying, "your watermark will be updated soon; blah blah blah". Because the first couple times, I kept trying to change it repeatedly because it hadn't changed.

So by "couple of questions", I apparently mean four.

airkas1

Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:18 am

ptrjong wrote:
The Northrop T-38 Talon is missing from the upload 'manufacturer filter' and I'm not allowed to enter it manually, even with the filter disabled.

ptrjong wrote:
Same for the PZL-Mielec Lim-5

Thanks Peter! I'll make sure they get added!
Did you try the "new entry" feature however?

vikkyvik wrote:
[color=#000000]Is the signing-in thing still being worked on? When I first get to the homepage, I appear to be signed in, and can go to my photo corner. Then if I go to the forums, it says "Welcome, vikkyvik", and I can go to my (forum?) Control Panel, but can no longer go to my Photo Corner. I'm very confused (and I'm typing and submitting this reply while it still says "Sign In" at the top right).

In the Advanced Photo Search, what is the difference between "Manufacturer" and "Builder"? Probably a stupid question, but I have very little detailed knowledge on such things.

When uploading a photo, is there a way to preview the watermark? I don't recall that being an option on the one photo I uploaded. But to be fair, I got fairly confused about halfway through uploading, so maybe I missed it.

When changing a watermark on an uploaded photo, I noticed that after I submitted the changes, the photo didn't change immediately. It might be good to put a bit of text there saying, "your watermark will be updated soon; blah blah blah". Because the first couple times, I kept trying to change it repeatedly because it hadn't changed.

Hi Vik,

1: Log-in issues are on the list.
2: I think it was mentioned behind the scenes, but there are so many E-mails that I don't know where to start.. I'll get back to you on that one.
3: Previewing the watermark is on the list. Let me know if you need any help reagrding uploading. I've also posted the procedure again at the bottom of this post.
4: Thanks for the suggestion! I'll add it to the list.

How to upload a photo:
> "Choose file", the photo that you want to upload.
> Tick the "add a visible watermark" if you wish to add a watermark. Make sure you make a decision for all options.
> Fill in the registration and airport and click "autocomplete".
> You now get an options/several options for the aircraft. Select the entry that is applicable to your photo by ticking the round box on the right.
> Do the same for the airport.
> Click "select match". The data will now be transfered to the page.
> Go over the info that has been automatically inputted, to make sure you selected the corect options for the aircraft and airport.
> Check if the location info is correct.
> Select the date on which you took the photo.
> Select the applicable categories.
> (Optional:) Write a remark about the photo.
> (Optional:) Write a remark to the screeners.
> Click "submit photo".

ptrjong

Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:06 am

Thanks Kas.

Did you try the "new entry" feature however?

Yes, but then the system replies with an error message saying the T-38 isn't new...

Vik, I suspect that 'builder' is for the builder of an airframe when not the mother company, a fix for the old 'Fokker F-104' issue. But that field is not yet active, like the 'military s/n' and 'previous ID' fields.

Peter

airkas1

Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:19 am

Peter,

I alerted the editos to this and Aad told me that the entries are indeed in the menu. That explains the "already exists" message. I've put it on the fix-list for the developers to take a look at.

Regarding "builder", very plausible explanation!

jelpee

Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:25 pm

Is there a way to edit the caption (formerly known as Photographer Comments)? I discovered a typo and would like to fix it.

Thanks

Jehan

airkas1

Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:07 pm

jelpee wrote:
Is there a way to edit the caption (formerly known as Photographer Comments)? I discovered a typo and would like to fix it.

Thanks

Jehan

This will return soon. You can click the "wrench" icon underneath the photo to correct the information.

vikkyvik

Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:01 pm

airkas1 wrote:
1: Log-in issues are on the list.2: I think it was mentioned behind the scenes, but there are so many E-mails that I don't know where to start.. I'll get back to you on that one.3: Previewing the watermark is on the list. Let me know if you need any help reagrding uploading. I've also posted the procedure again at the bottom of this post.4: Thanks for the suggestion! I'll add it to the list.

Thank you Kas.

One thing - on #4 that I posted, I meant to say "accepted photos", not "uploaded photos".

I saw your other thread on uploading - it was helpful. Although, I uploaded a few photos yesterday, and selected a watermark for all of them. But when I view them in my queue, none of them have the watermark...

Thanks again.

ptrjong wrote:
Vik, I suspect that 'builder' is for the builder of an airframe when not the mother company, a fix for the old 'Fokker F-104' issue. But that field is not yet active, like the 'military s/n' and 'previous ID' fields.

Ah, gotcha, thanks.

airkas1

Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:56 pm

Yeah, I don't see the watermark on my queue photos either. The "previewing watermark when uploading" is on the list, so should be enabled at some point.
As for the uploaded/accepted; I hadn't noticed that yet :lol: I knew what you meant, so no worries.

miamivice

Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:46 am

I have another two questions about the new site, or rather, a question and a report of something I noticed while uploading photos today. :)

The first one: is there still an uloading queue limit?

Second point regarding the photo upload: when I insert the ICAO code "LSGG" (Geneva) in the uploading page the autocomplete tool finds two identical matches. I don't know if it depends from some bug or if there are two voices for the same airport. I thought it appropriate to report.

Thank you!

airkas1

Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:35 am

miamivice wrote:
I have another two questions about the new site, or rather, a question and a report of something I noticed while uploading photos today. :)

The first one: is there still an uloading queue limit?

Second point regarding the photo upload: when I insert the ICAO code "LSGG" (Geneva) in the uploading page the autocomplete tool finds two identical matches. I don't know if it depends from some bug or if there are two voices for the same airport. I thought it appropriate to report.

Thank you!

1: There should be, but it's not enabled at the moment. I would like to ask everyone to not be an ass and take advantage of that.
2: Thanks! We have a couple of those already, so I will add this one as well.

spompert

Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:56 pm

Is it possible to design the site so that when you click on a photo and you go to the detailpage it will open in a separate tab/window? I remember from the old site that this was possible (when you clicked L) and it was quite handy. Thanks

spompert

Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:17 pm

Another thing. Most of the notifications don't work. For example someone commented on my photo yesterday, by accident I found out. But I did not get a notification. Without it I won't be able to see who commented on my photos.

airkas1

Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:27 am

The notifications are on the list, so will be checked out.

spompert

Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:12 am

spompert wrote:
Is it possible to design the site so that when you click on a photo and you go to the detailpage it will open in a separate tab/window? I remember from the old site that this was possible (when you clicked L) and it was quite handy. Thanks

Thanks for the reply. And is the above also on the list or is it just a personal opionion?

airkas1

Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:19 pm

I just posted some photo-related stuff in the issues FAQ. You can find it here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1335403

spompert wrote:
spompert wrote:

Thanks for the reply. And is the above also on the list or is it just a personal opionion?

It's not on the list. Right now, you can tick the box in your profile if you wish to always view the photos in Large (original) format. This eliminates the need for the above in my opinion(?)

spompert

Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:33 am

airkas1 wrote:
I just posted some photo-related stuff in the issues FAQ. You can find it here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1335403

spompert wrote:
spompert wrote:

It's not on the list. Right now, you can tick the box in your profile if you wish to always view the photos in Large (original) format. This eliminates the need for the above in my opinion(?)
Hi Kas, thanks but I meant that before when you clicked on a photo from the overall page (like search results or top 24) the photo was opened in a separate browsertab/page. So you could click it away instead of the back-function that you now have to click. But I guess it`s just another way and I`ll get used to it.

airkas1

Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:47 am

Maybe it will return in the future. But for now you can right click and open them in a new window.

airkas1

Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:11 am

Since I'm not sure everyone reads site related;
The delete button is back! Edit button not yet.

To get to your delete button, go to your photos that are in screening (through the photo corner) and you will find the delete button next to the detail button. I just tried it on 2 of my photos and it worked like a charm! Hope this is the start of a good thing :)

ptrjong

Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:56 pm

I have an accepted photo with the information containing an error, there's not way to contact the editors on this currently, or is there?

airkas1

Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:41 am

ptrjong wrote:
I have an accepted photo with the information containing an error, there's not way to contact the editors on this currently, or is there?

Normally there should be a "wrench" icon underneath the photo on the right side, but I see this might have been disabled again. It's probably best to E-mail the editors so they can add it to their list (editors[at]airliners.net). But seeing that the wrnech icon isn't where it's supposed to be, they might not be able to fix it right away.

tylersmithsjc

Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:31 pm

I'm seriously doubting that with this new website it is worthwhile to have my photos displayed here. What happened to the photo copyright bar on new images? Is this being worked on? I'm sorry if this question has already been answered but I don't have hours to scroll through the painfully slow "new" forums

airkas1

Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:33 pm

tylersmithsjc wrote:
What happened to the photo copyright bar on new images? Is this being worked on?

I wrote this somewhere on the forums, but I can't find it for the life of me. So here a short summary from what I remember:
They thought the watermarks would be sufficient, but they now agree that was a mistake. So, they need to re-write the code for the copyright bar. This is work in progress, so it will return (no ETA on it however). All current images without the bar will be retrofitted with bar.

ptrjong

Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:33 pm

I'm currently one of the 'Top 5' photographers on the home page, but it seems to require four slow clicks to reach the relevant photos from the home page...

The competittion for 'Top of the day' is what made this site tick, not so much for me, but for many photographers and viewers... but this strength has now simply been thrown away. This is just suicidal. :!:

The quietness here is telling, some things need to change very quickly. Priority 1, link the photographer's name to his most recent photos again and not to his bloody profile.

Peter

tylersmithsjc

Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:55 pm

ptrjong wrote:

The quietness here is telling, some things need to change very quickly. Priority 1, link the photographer's name to his most recent photos again and not to his bloody profile.

Peter

I second that the name needs to go to their most recent photos. That's another thing that I really loved doing on this site. Seeing fellow members and the photos they have from their travels is always fun

airkas1

Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:46 pm

I fully agree as well and will try to get this one the agenda as high priority.

ptrjong

Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:27 pm

Thanks Kas. :)

Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:02 pm

Hi,

actually even to put a comment on a shot is difficult these days. When I wanted to do that, I realised that I was logged out (which seems to happen rather quickly) and when you click log-in, you land on the frontpage again. So then you have to search for the shot again and can only hope that you don't get logged again.
Makes commenting rather difficult and will sure prevent a few people so. Certainly not a major bug (so sorry form pointing that out, before I get another FFS), but I always tought getting some comments is rather nice.

I for myself decided to stop uploading at the moment. Not originary because of the new site, I can see some positive things about it and appreciate the work some of the crew puts into it. Still a lot of people seem to think otherwise and interest in this site has dramatically dropped. The views on my latest shots are so low, that I personally don't think it is currently worth the effort. So I just wanted to write thanks to everybody for the interesting conversations we had on here and for all your help.

See you,
Julien

airkas1

Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:00 pm

JKPhotos wrote:
Actually even to put a comment on a shot is difficult these days. When I wanted to do that, I realised that I was logged out (which seems to happen rather quickly) and when you click log-in, you land on the frontpage again. So then you have to search for the shot again and can only hope that you don't get logged again.
Makes commenting rather difficult and will sure prevent a few people so. Certainly not a major bug (so sorry form pointing that out, before I get another FFS), but I always tought getting some comments is rather nice.

I for myself decided to stop uploading at the moment. Not originary because of the new site, I can see some positive things about it and appreciate the work some of the crew puts into it. Still a lot of people seem to think otherwise and interest in this site has dramatically dropped. The views on my latest shots are so low, that I personally don't think it is currently worth the effort. So I just wanted to write thanks to everybody for the interesting conversations we had on here and for all your help.

Hi Julien,

Just to be sure; the "FFS" was NOT aimed at you, but a sigh in general, as I thought I described things well, but apparently didn't. That was my bad and I can only say thanks for letting me know I got it wrong.
Sorry to hear you lost your motivation to upload. I still believe that after most major fixes, this will be a good site, so I hope to see you back in some time.
As for the login issue; that's supper annoying. I personally haven't experienced getting logged out during a session, but I do get logged out after closing the browser. It's high on our fix list.

Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:20 pm

Hi Kas,

sorry got that wrong, sometimes it doesn't help being a non-native speaker (me).

Yeah, an overly picky rejection and a friend showing me that his shot received 2 (!!!) views after 36 hours really reinforced my decision.
For the rejection I normally would have either appealed or made another edit, but I really lost the motivation for maybe 15 People to see it. Don't get me wrong I am not a maniac for views, but why am I uploading? Because I want to share my shots with other people.

But honestly I hope that this is just temporary low for this site and that things will improve quickly, which will hopefully bring some site-visitors back!

airkas1

Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:47 pm

JKPhotos wrote:
Hi Kas,

sorry got that wrong, sometimes it doesn't help being a non-native speaker (me).

Yeah, an overly picky rejection and a friend showing me that his shot received 2 (!!!) views after 36 hours really reinforced my decision.
For the rejection I normally would have either appealed or made another edit, but I really lost the motivation for maybe 15 People to see it. Don't get me wrong I am not a maniac for views, but why am I uploading? Because I want to share my shots with other people.

But honestly I hope that this is just temporary low for this site and that things will improve quickly, which will hopefully bring some site-visitors back!

Out of curiousity, can I see the rejection? You may PM me if you rather not post it.

vishaljo
Topic Author

Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:16 pm

Kas I forgot to add a remark to a photo I uploaded on the first day the new site launched, the photo has just been acptd. How do i add the remark now?
I have emailed support@anet about it but whats the simpler and easier way of doing this incase you wanted to add the remark post acceptance?

airkas1

Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:27 pm

vishaljo wrote:
Kas I forgot to add a remark to a photo I uploaded on the first day the new site launched, the photo has just been acptd. How do i add the remark now?
I have emailed support@anet about it but whats the simpler and easier way of doing this incase you wanted to add the remark post acceptance?

You're better off E-mailing the editors, as support can't fix this for you. However, the editors have some issues with their told at the moment, so it might take a few days before your remark can get added.
In the future, you will find a wrench-icon underneath your photo, on the left side of the E-mail icon. By pressing that, you can submit a correction (like you could with the old site). So you can use that to add a remark.

scbriml

Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:43 pm

Given that the Copyright bar isn't currently being added to newly accepted photos, if I apply the watermark to some of my images, can I remove it again once the Copyright bar is added back?

I really prefer not to use a watermark, but not having the Copyright bar is a serious issue for me. Any update on when this will be fixed?

len90

Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:28 am

I fully agree with JKPhotos. The hits images receive on the site are extremely depressing right now. I have images that after 7+ days have picked up less than 50views. For the first time in three years I have an empty queue... all 40 slots vacant. It's been 3+ weeks since this transformation and all it has ended up doing is hurting more than it has helped. I know changes are tough to make, especially when we are all accustomed to things being a certain way for so long. However, there are just too many kinks and issues that make it not worth a photographer's time anymore to submit. I think the queue is somewhere around 14 days now... So we are going to hold a strict screening standard for a picture that will amass no hits and isn't being displayed properly? In addition we have no copyright bar which is something that has been getting "worked on" for weeks. And lastly, if my picture does go through the screening process successfully I am at risk of having any sort of caption I put censored and edited down to just a departure/arrival runway and camera equipment used. The remark was supposed to allow for a photographer to say something. Sadly on this site it really isn't unless you are a select few who are lucky enough to write a story about each picture.

Ultimately I viewed airliners.net as a place to share my passion of aviation photography with others. Taking pictures of planes is not what pays my bills; it is my hobby and pastime. The site was my means to show others what I do and to allow others to enjoy looking at my pictures hopefully to some extent as I enjoy taking them. Ultimately with the current site at the way it is, that is not occurring at all. I don't expect to see a blue sky background CRJ9 amass thousands of views, but it should be able to muster up more than 23 views. A basic image years ago would easily break 100 views in its first day. Sadly now you are lucky if an image gets you over 100 views after a few days. The site has gotten away from its intended purpose. Many great photographers have come and gone due to numerous issues like favoritism (different rules for different people), arguable screening, etc. A lot more have stopped uploading since this redesign. I don't consider myself amongst the great elite photographers, but after three straight years of a full queue I've gone quiet. For now, there was just one straw too many. I'm not going to have brief captions that are PHOTO RELEVANT edited out, wait two weeks, and only reach a very small number of people (unless the image is promoted on the site's social media).

I'll forever be grateful to those who have helped me along the way in acquiring some of the skills I now have. I'll try and pass along knowledge to those who are currently in the shoes I wore just a few years ago. But uploading to a.net for me will be put on hold for sometime. My last submission to the queue was on 6/15. Hopefully in time things change, improvements to the site's numerous bugs/flaws happen, and the favoritism/censorship goes away.

airkas1

Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:28 am

scbriml wrote:
Given that the Copyright bar isn't currently being added to newly accepted photos, if I apply the watermark to some of my images, can I remove it again once the Copyright bar is added back?

I really prefer not to use a watermark, but not having the Copyright bar is a serious issue for me. Any update on when this will be fixed?

Sorry, I forgot about your question. I will ask the developers and report back when I have the info.

len90 wrote:
I think the queue is somewhere around 14 days now... So we are going to hold a strict screening standard for a picture that will amass no hits and isn't being displayed properly? In addition we have no copyright bar which is something that has been getting "worked on" for weeks. And lastly, if my picture does go through the screening process successfully I am at risk of having any sort of caption I put censored and edited down to just a departure/arrival runway and camera equipment used. The remark was supposed to allow for a photographer to say something. Sadly on this site it really isn't unless you are a select few who are lucky enough to write a story about each picture.

- Actually, the queue is at 8.597 at the time of writing this post. That's roughly the same as before the migration. So good progress is being made.
- Copyright bar; the code has to be written for this. I don't know the status, but I've asked and will report back.
- Can you elaborate regarding the cesnored caption? We (screeners) don't really edit the caption unless it's a hit-seeking comment. A bit of background story or how the picture came about is perfectly fine in my opinion.

len90

Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:20 pm

airkas1 wrote:
- Actually, the queue is at 8.597 at the time of writing this post. That's roughly the same as before the migration. So good progress is being made.
- Copyright bar; the code has to be written for this. I don't know the status, but I've asked and will report back.
- Can you elaborate regarding the cesnored caption? We (screeners) don't really edit the caption unless it's a hit-seeking comment. A bit of background story or how the picture came about is perfectly fine in my opinion.[/color]

Nice to hear the queue is down to that level but still I have still heard it was a bit longer in terms of days to hearing back on screening. Before the transition it was on average 8 days.

Censored caption is not a one time occurrence. A shot of a United 789 departing Newark. I added something to the effect of it being the first United commercial 789 departure out of Newark. That got edited down. I've had other shots that I planned to make milestone shots like my Lady Penelope number 1,000. It got accepted but without the remark with me stating my 1,000th accepted picture. I had to go back and manually request the comment to be added through the correct information form. There were others as well. And there really can't be any argument stating how those are illegal when you can have a caption like this allowed:
While shooting at my local airport (KPOC) about a month ago I encountered an error code 20 with my 7D. Lucky for me I had stowed away my old 20D and when I took some test shots the other day it worked perfectly. Here we see TF-AAK being greeted by some loyal LAX employees. This beautiful 74 sure generated a lot of interest and it felt good to be a part of the excitement. Local time is now 13:32 PDT and thank you 20D for working so well after sitting in the closet dormant for almost 7 years!

I think that is a bit excessive and over dramatic. The whole camera story could have easily been left off or just summed up into one simple sentence.

Remember, A.net is not the only place on the internet for hosting aviation pictures. A.net at one time was and did a great job of setting itself above the competition. Sadly with all of the recent issues the numbers are clearly showing the site has gotten away from what it had done best. And yes the numbers do show a backing to those statements. You can't expect people to continue to submit in a setting where there are some who have too much power leading to unfairness, censoring, and site filled with bugs and flaws that was launched way too prematurely with improper beta testing.

And Kas, this is not targeted at you at all. You are that breath of fresh air right now. You're the most active screener in the forums trying to offer help, assistance, and guidance. For that I thank you.

airkas1

Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:35 pm

ptrjong wrote:
Priority 1, link the photographer's name to his most recent photos again and not to his bloody profile.

This should be fixed now :)

ptrjong

Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:26 pm

No, it's not... :cry:

airkas1

Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:47 pm

ptrjong wrote:
No, it's not... :cry:

I see, it sorts at views at the moment. Will ask to sort on date added.