Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

FS2000 Gimmie Info. :)

Wed Nov 17, 1999 12:43 am

Hey PIlots, Aviators,
hOWS EVERYONE? WHo ever here has fs2000 i would like some info about it. Is it good? Are the graphics good? How about the airplane models? Good colors? Frame rates?
You know when you look *back* in fs2000 what can you see? The inside of the plane? or the scenery behind you?
I will buy fs2000 soon but next month. Many people have comments about simple problems that will get fixed in the following month. By problems i mean like reported bugs. I would need some info and if you guys can, Email me some photos in download that you took. PLease do this for me, copy a picture from fs2000 and send it to the email adress below. Thanks.
Simon
Belleayre9@aol.com

LanFan

RE: FS2000 Gimmie Info. :)

Wed Nov 17, 1999 9:56 am

I just got FS2000 Professional Ed. and it is amazing. The GPS and navigation systems are impressive. It is extremely realistic, and the procedures are clearly outlined. Finally one can go through a thorough engine start-up/shutdown, or simply just click on. It is finally possible to do deadstick landings, or turnoff the instruments. When you look back you see either the passenger compartment on the smaller planes, or the rear of the cockpit on the larger. I have only been flying for a while and the King Air 350 is my favorite.
The concorde can finally fly beyond Mach 1, and it looks stunning in the BA colours. The new airports are great. There are finally more regional airports inside smll countries. I fly alot inter-Dominican Republic flights, and now it is possible to do so on the sim.

The fram rate is at best dissappointing. I get 8fps on a Pentium II 300 with 48mb ram, and a 2Mb graphics card. This is with full install (1.125GB) and the scenery toned down. Inter-task is pretty slow.

Its a great product but youll need a machine that fly's.

Jay
Miami

Bofredrik

RE: FS2000 Gimmie Info. :)

Fri Nov 19, 1999 9:00 pm

By FS98 instead. It is much better, and a lot of nice ad-on:s to by or to download. We have FS2000 to and are not happy with it...
Rgds Fredrik, Stockholm, Sweden

Danny

Fredde!

Sat Nov 20, 1999 12:14 am

Wanna trade? (suppose I have to write in english...) I give you my FS98 and you give me your FS2K...

Danne
Kungsbacka