Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

BawliBooch
Topic Author

Any Airway Sim fans out here?

Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:54 am

As the title says: Anyone else addicted to AirwaySim here?

Currently playing in 2 game worlds:
interCanada based in YUL in Beginners World 2.

"Jetuna Matata" based in BOM in Jet Age.

evank516

Re: Any Airway Sim fans out here?

Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:44 pm

I've been playing on Airline Mogul on and off. What's the difference?

osupoke07

Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:46 pm

Two major differences that I can see. Played AM a bunch a did a couple of free trials on AS.

The scheduling in AS is more realistic. IIRC, the scheduling includes specific departure times and generally you try to schedule flight time for most of the day, then fit in the maintenance overnight. With AM, the goal is to keep the plane in the air as long as possible and timing is not built into the game. In AM also, maintenance charges are automatically applied to each aircraft using a proprietary formula that you can't see. So, 1 737 in AS might be utilized for 15 hours (flight and ground time) but in AM it will be close to 24 hours.

The second is the delivery of aircraft is more realistic in AS. In AM, you order a bunch of aircraft and 1-2 game days later, the manufactured suddenly delivers 200 frames. With AS, orders are delivered on a schedule. So if you order 20 frames, you'll receive them over a time frame, so you may not be able to start up new routes with all of them right away.

I like the idea of AM, but every game is always a race to see who can set up the most 99% utilized planes from the largest 6 hubs in the game environment.

Tails2489

Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:21 pm

Hey I'm playing Airlines Manager 2 Mobile. I like it so far, I've read there's a version of the game where you can speed up time which would be nice, but my version is real time. I like building the airline up from nothing, opening new destinations and purchasing aircraft. Would be interested to hear how others compare this to other Sim games.

eielef

Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:53 am

10 years ago I was obsessed with AirlineMogul. I played up to 21 hours a day and ended being the 3rd best airline in the world.
One day, the server felt and I couldn’t log for 12 hours or so.
Immediately after, they started to have different levels, and the game would restart every 45 days or so. Never logged in again.