Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

ozark1
Topic Author

questions for 1/200 die cast collectors

Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:23 pm

I have collected about 110 1/200 die cast commercial aircraft. They are all from the 1960's/70's era (Braniff, Mohawk, Eastern, Ozark, etc.). I am one who likes to display them so they are all out for me to enjoy looking at. Do some collectors just leave them in the box and never display them? I do understand the importance of the value of the box in terms of resale. Just curious as to thoughts on value....I think I've read where the older airline liveries aren't as popular as current ones. The Gemini boxes are the most impressive.
So basically just asking for thoughts on how you display yours, if you do, and their resale value. Thanks for your time.

matthew11

Re: questions for 1/200 die cast collectors

Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:29 am

I personally believe you should display them. We buy them to enjoy them, look at them. If you take good care of them, they will be fine, especially the diecast models. You could always put them in a glass case. The plastic models will tend to turn “yellow “ after a while exposed to sun.

As far a value goes. The Gemini200 are produced in limited numbers. It really depends on demand. Some sell out quick. Others are not so popular, their value may drop.

YobbinDUYDUY

Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:34 am

Display them for sure!!! For me, if I leave my models in a box, I won't enjoy them, and then there's no point in having them at all.

julebech

Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:48 pm

I never display my 1:200 models. Some of the 1:400 and 1:500 i have on the shelf but mostly i take some pictures and put them nicely back in the box and store them..

When i first started collecting it was because i wanted to display them and watch them all the time, but now... after i got all maniac.... having like, mabye as many as 1000 models.. I cant display half of them even if i want. So now its just a crazy addiction for me :)