Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

ryanrap1
Topic Author

Commercial Gemini Jet 1:200

Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:03 pm

Good Morning Everyone,

I had a question in regards to Gemini Jets 1:200 scale planes.
Does anyone have these ? I know depending on aircraft type it will vary but are these models very large? Worth it?
I was going to ask for a few for Christmas depending on peoples reviews.

ryan78

Re: Commercial Gemini Jet 1:200

Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:36 pm

ryanrap1 wrote:
Good Morning Everyone,

I had a question in regards to Gemini Jets 1:200 scale planes.
Does anyone have these ? I know depending on aircraft type it will vary but are these models very large? Worth it?
I was going to ask for a few for Christmas depending on peoples reviews.

I have a few models in my collection and I try to stick to mostly 1:200 models, I don't have anything smaller than a 1:250 A330 that I bought on-board a flight. I have a few Gemini Jets 1:200, Jetblue A320S, Eastern 738 and a Porter Airlines Q400. I prefer the 1:200's because they are a lot larger and have a lot more detail than smaller models. Also I find the price point to be slightly better value for the money. For example a Gemini 1:400 scale 737 goes for roughly $35-40 depending on the airline, a 1:200 737 would be in the range of $60-70 depending on the airline. Essentially you're getting a model twice the size of a 1:400 for a little bit less then twice the cost. But in my opinion, if you have the money, or in your case, a Christmas wishlist, I would definitely recommend the 1:200's if you love attention to small details and want something that is as realistic as possible. I have a 1:200 JC Wings 763 with winglets and the thing is a beast, its about a foot long with a foot wingspan and weighs about 3lbs as it is solid die-cast.

A good website I would check out is wings900. They have a lot of information on diecasts as well as a public forum.

For size and scale charts check here: http://www.wings900.com/modeldatabase/scalechart It'll give you the length, height and wingspan for all aircraft types in all scales.

Also browse through the database to see pictures of many diecasts as well as price ranges and a few other cool stats: http://www.wings900.com/modeldatabase/

Hope this helps!