Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

avi8
Topic Author

Parking at FSX. Please help

Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:24 pm

Hello everyone. So I just downloaded Ultimate Traffic 2 and just updated my United Airlines aircraft and have all the current aircraft and liveries. However, my UA express aircraft are not parking at the United Express gates and I don't know why. The aircraft CFG have UAX on the parking code. I also have one of those freeware AFCADS installed for Houston and the other hubs.

Please help.

ryan78

Re: Parking at FSX. Please help

Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:47 pm

avi8 wrote:
Hello everyone. So I just downloaded Ultimate Traffic 2 and just updated my United Airlines aircraft and have all the current aircraft and liveries. However, my UA express aircraft are not parking at the United Express gates and I don't know why. The aircraft CFG have UAX on the parking code. I also have one of those freeware AFCADS installed for Houston and the other hubs.

Please help.

In my experience if the aircraft all have the correct parking codes (try UAX, UALX first) and are not showing up in the proper gates then your AFCAD probably doesn't have the right codes assigned to the right gates. If you have programs like AFX (Airport Facilitator X - Payware) or ADE (Airport Design Editor - Freeware) you can go and load the AFCAD's and manually enter/change the parking codes for all the gates.

You can download ADE here: http://www.scruffyduck.org/downloads/4584110854

It is very easy to use, open up the airport afcad.bgl in the program, right click on the gate, edit object, and type in all the codes you want separated by a "," and no space between. Example: UAL,UAX,UALX. Or just use the drop down list to select the airlines if you don't know the codes. When you're finished, compile the airport and stick it in your scenery folder. Be sure to remove the old AFCAD or just overwrite it, but always keep a backup just in case. There are many tutorials online as well if you get stuck, Good luck!

avi8
Topic Author

Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:40 pm

ryan78 wrote:
avi8 wrote:

Please help.

In my experience if the aircraft all have the correct parking codes (try UAX, UALX first) and are not showing up in the proper gates then your AFCAD probably doesn't have the right codes assigned to the right gates. If you have programs like AFX (Airport Facilitator X - Payware) or ADE (Airport Design Editor - Freeware) you can go and load the AFCAD's and manually enter/change the parking codes for all the gates.

You can download ADE here: http://www.scruffyduck.org/downloads/4584110854

It is very easy to use, open up the airport afcad.bgl in the program, right click on the gate, edit object, and type in all the codes you want separated by a "," and no space between. Example: UAL,UAX,UALX. Or just use the drop down list to select the airlines if you don't know the codes. When you're finished, compile the airport and stick it in your scenery folder. Be sure to remove the old AFCAD or just overwrite it, but always keep a backup just in case. There are many tutorials online as well if you get stuck, Good luck![/

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate it.

I have one more question, and it’s not related to my original question but might as well give it a go.

I have noticed that many of the aircraft never depart. They just stay at their gates the entire time and this is annoying because small airports like DAL get full and the aircraft then have nowhere to park.

csturdiv

Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:24 pm

avi8 wrote:
I have one more question, and it’s not related to my original question but might as well give it a go.

I have noticed that many of the aircraft never depart. They just stay at their gates the entire time and this is annoying because small airports like DAL get full and the aircraft then have nowhere to park.

That could be a problem with the ADE file, such as a broken taxi path/link from the parking spots to the runway. Many tools have a "validate" feature that can scan the ADE file for issues.

Also to the original issue, the ADE file parking spots need to be coded the same as the aircraft.cfg file, so they need to show UAX as well, and also the actual radius of the spot needs to be the correct size. Somewhere in the Alpha India Group forums is a post with the radius sizes of AI aircraft, and the parking spots should be at least that size. If the parking spot radius is too small, then the aircraft will not park there, but will go to any open spot that it can fit into.

avi8
Topic Author

Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:05 pm

csturdiv wrote:
avi8 wrote:

That could be a problem with the ADE file, such as a broken taxi path/link from the parking spots to the runway. Many tools have a "validate" feature that can scan the ADE file for issues.

Also to the original issue, the ADE file parking spots need to be coded the same as the aircraft.cfg file, so they need to show UAX as well, and also the actual radius of the spot needs to be the correct size. Somewhere in the Alpha India Group forums is a post with the radius sizes of AI aircraft, and the parking spots should be at least that size. If the parking spot radius is too small, then the aircraft will not park there, but will go to any open spot that it can fit into.

Thanks a lot! I used WOAI before with the same ADE airports and did not have that problem. I guess I'll try to look again on some of the other forums to see if someone can help me.

csturdiv

Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:54 am

avi8 wrote:
csturdiv wrote:
avi8 wrote:
Thanks a lot! I used WOAI before with the same ADE airports and did not have that problem. I guess I'll try to look again on some of the other forums to see if someone can help me.

I'd recommend signing up for the AIG forums, http://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php, it is pretty active and there are some very smart people there (I am there, but not one of the smart ones or not as smart) that are using a variety of simulators from the old FS9, to FSX and P3D. Another helpful tool is AIFP. At first it can be a little confusing, but once you get the hang of it, it is a great tool. The primary function of the tool is to install flight plans and textures, but there is a parking analyzer in it that can scan your traffic files and can show you for airport XXXX chich parking spots are used and if there would be any conflicts or issues. And if you are moving away from the models in WOAI packages to newer models (like FAIB, FSPXAI and so on) these models might have different model radius sizes than the older models that WOAI used (like AI Aardvark, DJC, TFS and so on). The developer of this tool is active on the forums as well and is pretty supportive with issues/bugs that are found. And there are a lot of people there that know the ins and outs of ADE (Airport Design Editor), which you can use to scan your .bgl AFCAD/ADE file for any issues with broken taxi links and it can even list all of the available parking spots and what size they are and how they are coded for airlines.