Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

OA940
Topic Author

Aerosoft A320 family question

Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:57 am

So, I wanna buy the Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321 bundle, but I'm not sure if my laptop can handle it. I don't know much about computer specs, but I want it to run above 20-25 FPS. To give you an example, my FSX lags ridiculously (like 5 FPS) when I'm landing at LCY, but on most other airports it doesn't have major issues and I usually get above 20 FPS. This is quite expensive, and I don't wanna risk throwing 60 euros down the drain, so if someone could tell me if it could run above 20 FPS it would be great.

767333ER

Re: Aerosoft A320 family question

Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:20 pm

Aerosoft’s A320 demands a lot from a computer to run properly. If your computer struggles to handle FSX on decent settings as it is, I wouldn’t buy as all you’ll get is flight control glitches when the framerates go below what the software requires. When I say glitch what I am referring to is the flight controls ablsoulety freaking out and causing the plane to do strange and scary things. My computer with its i7 6700, mediocre R9 360, super slow hard drive, and 16GB ram can run it fine, but it struggles a bit when I’m at the flyTampa YYZ for example especially with all the addon traffic I have installed (something in my addon traffic contributes to most if not all of my lag in FSX). With that said it doesn’t cause FSX to run out of memory and crash for me like the TFDI 717 or PMDG 777 sometimes do. I have seen it run on budget laptops and it doesn’t run great at all.