Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

AntonioMartin
Topic Author

LEGO Airliners

Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:06 am

Just like my Skybusters topic earlier I thought about writing about Lego airliners...the ones I have seen predate my days as an airline fan, (since the day I first flew, 10-10-80, DL L-1011 SJU-MCO-Disney!!) so I never actually owned any of them but I have seen them in the colors of Lufthansa, Swissair, etc...

Im not talking the ones Daron sells, Im talking pure Lego here...do any of you have some or remember having some? And again why is it no airlines today use Lego (or Matchbox for that matter) to advertise to future customers?

Sorry if Im writing too much on the hobby forum, but...the hobby is part of the fun to me!!

a320fan

Re: LEGO Airliners

Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:51 pm

I had a few lego airliners as a kid, I played with them a ton until my mid teen years. I used to join the bits from multiple airliners together to make new designs. My favourite was an A346 inspired design that was really long.

AntonioMartin
Topic Author

Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:09 pm

a320fan wrote:
I had a few lego airliners as a kid, I played with them a ton until my mid teen years. I used to join the bits from multiple airliners together to make new designs. My favourite was an A346 inspired design that was really long.

Wow that is so cool ! What airlines did you have?

bunumuring

Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:53 am

Hey mate,
About a decade ago Target here in Australia sold a Lego Dreamliner in Boeing house colours for about $100. It was a big model. From memory it was about 60cm long according to the box.
Cheers,
Bunumuring

jaybird

Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:27 am

AntonioMartin
Topic Author

Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:33 am

bunumuring wrote:
Hey mate,
About a decade ago Target here in Australia sold a Lego Dreamliner in Boeing house colours for about $100. It was a big model. From memory it was about 60cm long according to the box.
Cheers,
Bunumuring

They had that one here too! Sadly not in airline colors however. Would have been a dandy on a Qantas livery or Delta, ah?

Cheers!! :bigthumbsup:

TWA772LR

Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:31 am

bunumuring wrote:
Hey mate,
Cheers,
Bunumuring

I have that one! I didn't get to it for a long time, but about 4 years ago, I finally got around to it and it is awesome! It's huge!

My cousin got it for me for Christmas.

bunumuring

Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:53 am

TWA772LR wrote:
bunumuring wrote:
Hey mate,
Cheers,
Bunumuring

I have that one! I didn't get to it for a long time, but about 4 years ago, I finally got around to it and it is awesome! It's huge!

My cousin got it for me for Christmas.

Mate! I'm envious!
I would be curious to see a photo of the completed model... I think it would look great parked behind my Indiana Jones and Star Wars Lego displays ...
Cheers, and thanks for the reply,
Bunumuring.

AntonioMartin
Topic Author

Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:31 am

How about Lego Hong Kong Airlines model?? One can only dream!!! :drool:

edmaircraft

Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:06 pm

bunumuring wrote:
Hey mate,
Cheers,
Bunumuring

I have that set too! Great model.

skyhawkmatthew

Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:14 am

bunumuring wrote:
I would be curious to see a photo of the completed model... I think it would look great parked behind my Indiana Jones and Star Wars Lego displays ...

Unfortunately the original stickers were destroyed when I had to disassemble the model to move overseas; the replacements I got online haven't lasted very well, I need to get some better ones. It's a great model, though!

matthew11

Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:27 am

Kinder Egg actually made a series of airliners. They looked pretty neat. There was several airlines featured.

AntonioMartin
Topic Author

Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:57 am

:bigthumbsup:
skyhawkmatthew wrote:
bunumuring wrote:

Unfortunately the original stickers were destroyed when I had to disassemble the model to move overseas; the replacements I got online haven't lasted very well, I need to get some better ones. It's a great model, though!

bunumuring

Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:51 am

Hey skyhawkmatthew,
Thanks so much for the photo!
The model looks MUCH bigger than I remember was indicated on the box, though I never did see one assembled.
Cheers
Bunumuring