Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

NavalAviator
Topic Author

WOAI Traffic won't show at airports

Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:04 pm

No matter what setting i use in FSX, the AI planes won't show at airports.
The only planes showing are default aircraft.

DX10..Checked or Unchecked: No planes.
Aircraft cast shadows Checked or Unchecked: No planes.
Traffic slider at 50 or 100 %: No planes.
All Traffic blg files in Scenery/World/Scenery have been converted to FSX...No planes.
Every folder in FSX has been checked for FS9 files, their aren't any present...No planes.
All aircraft downloaded and extracted, are in the sim-objects Aircraft folder....No planes.

This is a New install of FSX.
Whats going wrong here?

Andre3K

Re: WOAI Traffic won't show at airports

Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:00 am

did you install them with the WOAI installer? Also did you delete the default traffic bgl? If no to either of these, that might be your problem.

NavalAviator
Topic Author

Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:51 pm

Don't think i deleted the default blg and, yes i used the WOAI installer.
Where can i find the default blg, what folder would that be in?

Thanks for responding.

NavalAviator
Topic Author

Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:44 am

Well I'm officially at a loss!
Renamed the default BLG file
Fresh install of FSX
Fresh install of all WOAI packages
No FS9 fines anywhere within FSX
Traffic slider@ 50%
DX-10 unchecked
Cast shadows unchecked
Stall can't seem to get any traffic at any airport on the sim. However when FSX stars up I'm always, getting the scenery generating black bar scrolling across the screen.
Wonder if it's a problem with the FSX CFG?

ChrisKen

Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:34 am

Checking the obvious... One assumes you have suitable AFCAD's/ADE installed for the scenery. Default parking may not cut it depending on airport/ai combination.

NavalAviator
Topic Author

Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:39 pm

I'm using photoreal V.3 as scenery for KLAX, theirs always been plenty of parking there. The airport use to be packed with aircraft in the past, in fact just a month ago i had no problem with AI traffic being there. When i started downloading tons of AIG flight plans, is when the problem began. WOAI and AIG aircraft co-existed just fine then all of a sudden, FSX began to crash siting FATAL ERRORS. Checked the event viewer for a possible reason for the crashes, googled those results but their wasn't much info, on how to fix the problem...Lots of tech talk not much help..lol
Anyway i saw something last night about tweaking the FSX CFG fine, something about it might a PATH issue. The writer wasn't very clear on what to place on the traffic line.
Below is what he wrote.

For a flightplan to show, the path to the aircraft folder needs to be in the fsx.cfg file.
Many people that install AI put the AI aircraft in a seperate folder, so they don't get mixed up with the flyable aircraft.
For example they create a folder: ..\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Simobjects\AI-Airplanes to place all the AI aircraft in.
Then, to make that folder active in fsx, they edit the fsx.cfg a tiny bit, adding one line.

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc
[SPECIAL]SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\AI-Airplanes[/SPECIAL]
This last line makes the folder active.
(in your case you will have a different folder name there.)

Love to try this but i don't want to mess up my sim again, i have a copy of the CFG fine on another computer.
Not sure what to look for and, what to type in when i find the traffic portion of the file.

Someone here has to know about this.
I'm having convolutions, i have to start flying again soon!

9MMPQ

Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:22 pm

Tweaking the FSX cfg file is not going to bring you anything if you have let the WOAI installer do the work for you. The default location for AI planes is in the SimObjects>Airplanes folder and unless you have changed that there is no need to create a new folder to park AI planes in.

The default BGL file can & will happily coexist with other traffic files.

I am a little confused & curious about you mentioning AIG flightplans. If you are using the WOAI packages & installer this already provides you with a complete set of aircraft & linked flightplans. Is it possible that you have removed the WOAI flightplans & replaced them with the AIG flightplans ? Because that opens up the possiblity that the AIG flight plan looks for, but can not find any aircraft because the aircraft title in it's flightplan does not match with the name in the WOAI aircraft cfg file for each airplane type. If those are not matching you will see nothing.