Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

callumconroydub
Topic Author

Best place to get cheap 757/767 parts?

Tue May 16, 2017 6:18 pm

Hi,

I would like to again ask what the best place to get cheap parts off the 757 or 767 is. I would like parts that are not huge but aren't small and would be reasonably cheap for shipping to Dublin, Ireland. Would any scrapyards offer parts, preferably bits of the fuselage or engine? In particular I like the old AA 757+767 shiny livery, I presume some of them have been dismantled or broken-up or in some way scrapped to the point were I can salvage some decent parts off them?
Would you be able to recommend any places? Would there even be some in Europe?

My limits would be:

UK, Europe, The States and Canada. Any further than that is a no-go for me.

Max price would probably be €150-200, and shipping max €100-150. If there are parts for $100,000, then forget it!

Help would be appreciated.
Thanks,

TWA772LR

Re: Best place to get cheap 757/767 parts?

Tue May 16, 2017 6:22 pm

You're better off going to the boneyards yourself and taking what you want. They don't just have the parts for sale. And the Civil Aviation forum isn't the appropriate forum to discuss this.

Yflyer

Tue May 16, 2017 6:27 pm

I assume you just want a little piece of a plane as a souvenir/collectible? Would you be satisfied with just a little piece of metal from the skin or does it have to be recognizable as an airplane part? Because this store is selling little key chains with a tag made from the skin of an old DC-9. Maybe someone is doing something similar with a 757/767?

bennett123

Tue May 16, 2017 6:29 pm

You could try ASI at Kemble.

They have a BA B767 and ZB B757.

IPFreely

Tue May 16, 2017 6:29 pm

You'll find a surprising amount of stuff like this on eBay. Authenticity is always suspect but it maybe doesn't matter in this case.

callumconroydub
Topic Author

Tue May 16, 2017 6:47 pm

That's Kemble ASI in Gloucestershire, IIRC? Would I have to physically go over there to collect the parts or could they ship it across the Irish Sea for me?

callumconroydub
Topic Author

Tue May 16, 2017 6:57 pm

What about Marana? Would they have any AA fuselage bits from the 757 or 767?

Yflyer

Tue May 16, 2017 7:37 pm

Yflyer wrote:
I assume you just want a little piece of a plane as a souvenir/collectible? Would you be satisfied with just a little piece of metal from the skin or does it have to be recognizable as an airplane part? Because this store is selling little key chains with a tag made from the skin of an old DC-9. Maybe someone is doing something similar with a 757/767?

I should have looked just a little bit harder myself -- they do in fact have ones from other planes including the 757 and 767. Supposedly the 767 ones came from the Gimli Glider.

http://www.mypilotstore.com/MyPilotStore/secp/157

callumconroydub
Topic Author

Tue May 16, 2017 7:56 pm

Would there be actual parts of the AA fuselage, though?

Yflyer

Tue May 16, 2017 9:04 pm

callumconroydub wrote:
Would there be actual parts of the AA fuselage, though?

That's what they are according to the description on that site. I haven't actually bought one myself (But I'm kind of tempted). According to the description they contain whatever paint was on the piece of fuselage they were cut from, so they're all slightly different. Since the 757 was actually ex-US Airways, it might have been in the US livery when it was scrapped if that matters to you.

callumconroydub
Topic Author

Tue May 16, 2017 10:09 pm

If you mean the tags, I have a few of them, and I was asking about the actual strip of fuselage right off the AA plane when it was scrapped. Surely some boneyard somewhere would have such pieces?

Thanks,

Yflyer

Tue May 16, 2017 10:11 pm

Ah. I misunderstood your question then.

callumconroydub
Topic Author

Wed May 17, 2017 4:07 pm

Can anybody recommend a place?

callumconroydub
Topic Author

Wed May 17, 2017 4:31 pm

Just so you can understand better, here are a few photos:

I think you get the picture now, pun intended.

SURELY there must be some parts of these old scrapped AA birds lying around? BTW, I'm broadening my criteria to the 777, 767, 757, A300, A310 or whatever.

Some strip of that shiny universe must be hanging around somewhere and available to ship to Dublin, Ireland?

Just help me out here guys, please?

ryan78

Wed May 17, 2017 6:28 pm

callumconroydub wrote:

Some strip of that shiny universe must be hanging around somewhere and available to ship to Dublin, Ireland?

Just help me out here guys, please?

Believe me, people tried at first, the fact that you are still completely oblivious to the negative reputation you've built on these forums is utterly ridiculous. When nearly all of your threads are locked by moderators, you wouldn't maybe start questioning it? The straight fact is that stuff like this is extremely hard to come across and the logistics of obtaining a large piece of sheet metal/skin from an aircraft is very expensive and cumbersome. Not to mention that most of these pieces are worth more in scrap then they are to an enthusiast. Scrapyards aren't in the shipping business, they are in the scrapping business, your best chance is going to one in person and asking for a look at some pieces, then it would be up to you to figure out the shipping logistics back home. I highly doubt they will source and piece and arrange to ship it halfway across the world to you.

The fact that you are still here on these forums, posting 3 replies to your own thread within an hour, shows me that you really lack common sense. You've asked the same question multiple times and were given all the tools and resources available to the general public about obtaining things like this, yet you are still here asking the same questions??

Instead of sitting in-front of you computer spamming the F5 button, take some initiative and do your own research. Try cruising around Ebay, take a look at some of the links others have posted, hell even type the search into google and see what comes up. Find some aircraft scrapping companies and call around and tell them what you are looking for and see if they can help you.

It's not a lack of people not helping you, the simple fact is that these things are NOT EASY to find, especially given your limited budget.

atcsundevil

Thu May 18, 2017 2:19 am

The question has been asked and answered. The thread will be locked.

✈️ atcsundevil