jameoairbus
Topic Author

Die cast metal models of the Airbus A380

Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:49 pm

Hi all,

Just wondering - has anyone purchased a die cast metal model of the Airbus A380 or any other plane/boeing?

I am looking to buy one as I have found a cheap, very smart looking Emirates Airbus A380 model for only £19.99 on Amazon.

What are your guys opinions of these? I think they would look very nice on my desk!

GamingPolaris

Re: Die cast metal models of the Airbus A380

Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:58 pm

This should not be in the Civil Aviation Forum.

VSMUT

Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:27 pm

jameoairbus wrote:
Just wondering - has anyone purchased a die cast metal model of the Airbus A380 or any other plane/boeing?

I am looking to buy one as I have found a cheap, very smart looking Emirates Airbus A380 model for only £19.99 on Amazon.

What are your guys opinions of these? I think they would look very nice on my desk!

I would say that depends on your taste. At just 19 gbp, I think it is actually a plastic model, not a diecast one. And probably not a very accurate model either. I certainly wouldn't be satisfied with one of the cheap plastic models, but each to his own ;) BTW, if we are talking a 1/200 diecast A380, then you would probably look at something like at least 60 gbp, more likely around 100.

Do you have a link?

GamingPolaris wrote:
This should not be in the Civil Aviation Forum.

That's just about the least helpful comment you could provide. How about suggesting that our new member poses the question in the relevant section, where people with an interest in diecast models are more likely to find the thread?

:)

MrHMSH

Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:28 pm

I have a fair few models, all 1:400 scale, and A380s are usually good. I'd recommend trying to find a WittyWings or Apollo A380 if you can, but Phoenix make the best one currently.