Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

tkovack1
Topic Author

What should I do if I go plane spotting at a specific spot at the Columbus airport in the future?

Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:08 pm

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum. So, on Labor Day (Monday the 5th) I went to the Columbus airport (CMH) to go plane spotting. I was spotting on a grassy land off of Aircenter Drive near the south runway. I was recording departures and arrivals on my phone. However, within 30 minutes of plane spotting, a cop came over to me and told me I needed to move to the other side of the street because he thought I was too close to the restricted area. I don't think the cop was part of airport security, but I could be wrong. I am confused about this because I've been to this spot three times before and the cops had no issue with me there. Heck, even the person who drives around and inspects the runway didn't mind. Also, there is a facility with a bunch of trucks across Aircenter Drive. It was closed that day since it was a holiday. I'm not sure when it is open if the people working there would have a problem with me so close to the driveway where the trucks enter and exit the facility. Also the engines on the trucks would drown out the sounds coming from the planes and they might get in the way if I film in that spot since I would be so close to the trucks. Makes me hesitant to go plane spotting at this spot again because I don't know if a cop will come over to me and see me as a repeated offender. What should I do if I go plane spotting in this spot again in the future? Copy the link below to get an overview of the area where I was plane spotting. If the link is not working please let me know.

file:///C:/Users/Tommy%20Kovack/Desktop/Capture.PNG

WingsFan

Re: What should I do if I go plane spotting at a specific spot at the Columbus airport in the future?

Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:33 pm

Tommy,
The link doesn't work. You are referring to an image placed on your harddrive. You need to upload the image somewhere on a public network to be able to share it with us.