Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

seanpmassey
Topic Author

Airline Simulation Games - Looking for Recommendations

Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:12 am

I'm looking for an airline simulation game to play in my spare time. I've tried Airlines 7, but the interface is kind of clunky.

Are there any other airline simulation games for PCs that are worth checking out?

trent768

Re: Airline Simulation Games - Looking for Recommendations

Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:52 am

Well, there is a pretty good game called Airwaysim, but it's an online game tough. However, their in-game demand system is not very accurate.
For example: CGK-SUB only have like 500-ish daily pax, while in reality there's almost 50 daily flight. But somehow there is 450-is pax want to fly from CGK to YYZ daily lol!

But if you want a fun game where it is completely normal for an airline to operate 1000+ aircraft, go for airline empires!! :D

seanpmassey
Topic Author

Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:50 am

I was hoping for something offline. I'm not a fan of online games where I need to log on every day to play.

obrienct

Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:27 am

It depends. If you want really realistic flight physics and a really interactive sim, go for XPlane 10. If you want more of a "game" flight simulator that isn't as real feeling i'd go with FSX. I have used both, however I now only use XPlane.

PresidentPanda

Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:49 pm

seanpmassey wrote:
I'm looking for an airline simulation game to play in my spare time. I've tried Airlines 7, but the interface is kind of clunky.

Are there any other airline simulation games for PCs that are worth checking out?

I'd sugest Microsoft Flight Simulator X. It's fun to play offline as well as online. It's only $7 on Steam right now due to the Steam Summer Sale that will be going on till july 4th.

seanpmassey
Topic Author

Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:51 am

Not the kind of game I was looking for. I do have FS:X Steam edition, but I'm looking for more of the route planning/business simulation type than the flight simulation. But thank you for the feedback.

NBGSkyGod

Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:26 pm

I know you wanted "offline" however, Airline Empires is a free web-based simulator that is pretty decent.

http://www.airline-empires.com

cc47

Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:10 pm

Yep, as said above I really recommend Airline Empires. I used to play Cyber Airlines, anyone remember that?

Also, Airline Empires is free :D

Kranzer

Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:27 am

Hi guys, I stumbled upon this thread, looking for sim games as well and I also found pretty fresh title that came out on 10 Oct.
Biggest advantage: it doesn't require powerful machine to run.

"Take Off - The Flight Simulator" may not be the the most complicated simulator, but it's a lot of fun.
It's more like an arcade than full feldged simulator with various missions and ability to run your own airlines.

What I found that Take Off is a conversion from mobile version released last year by Astragon and Jujubee studio.

Here is the game Steam shop webiste: http://store.steampowered.com/app/65...ght_Simulator/

Kranzer

Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:29 am

If you want to check mobile versions, here are few links:

Apple App Store https://itunes.apple.com/app/take-off-t ... 35342?mt=8
Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... on.takeoff

CanadaFair

Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:57 am

Nice simple one online free http://www.geo-fs.com/

Thefireset

Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:25 am

I think the best free airlines game is airlines-empire. The game is very complete, with a lot of airports and differents aircraft in the database, but the game system is not always realistic. And some airlines (like my airlines before!) abuse of the game system to make a lot of money. For example, my airlines had a DOP (Daily Operating Profit) of 3 billion dollars a day. And I had more cash that the GDP of whole United States. But if you play realistic (with less aicraft use, more services on board, lower the prices) it can be a good game.

http://www.airline-empires.com/index.ph ... /home.html

RusLan147

Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:58 pm

seanpmassey wrote:
I was hoping for something offline

I recommend the old version. Offline, for free. http://theairlineproject.net/

m0ssy

Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:06 pm

I use Flight Simulator X, and Flight Simulator 2004 (FS9) religiously. Both can be had for relatively cheap, and through places like http://www.flightsim.com , addons to enhance the realism can be found for free. If you have a newer computer with a nice graphics card I'd go with FSX. If you have an older computer with a stock video card, FS9 is a great option.

Also, there are many quality payware products for these programs. QualityWings Simulations has several. I have their 757 and love it dearly, and this year they released the long awaited 787 which appears to have been warmly received.

I installed X-plane 10 and hated it, but it it's probably just a personal preference.

Danny

Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:12 pm

Assuming you are looking for airline management simulation not a flight simulator then by far the best and most complex is airlinesim.aero

jovelson

Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:14 am

Tried playing Flight Simulator X and I can say that it is not boring at all.

FA9295

Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:55 am

trent768 wrote:
Well, there is a pretty good game called Airwaysim, but it's an online game tough. However, their in-game demand system is not very accurate.
For example: CGK-SUB only have like 500-ish daily pax, while in reality there's almost 50 daily flight. But somehow there is 450-is pax want to fly from CGK to YYZ daily lol!

But if you want a fun game where it is completely normal for an airline to operate 1000+ aircraft, go for airline empires!! :D

yeah, apparently the daily demand for Okinawa, Japan to Portland, Oregon is 600+ pax per day. Very unrealistic...

JetBuddy

Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:03 pm

I would highly recommend Airlinesim.aero. It's the most advanced business simulation I've ever seen. A variety of game worlds. Everything is precicely calculated, and hundreds of modeled aircraft. The sim is built on a dispatch type of solution that real airlines use. Transfer and interlining and everything is included.

Don't mix Airwaysim and Airlinesim. Airlinesim is much more advanced.