Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Redfax
Topic Author

Database of airliner characteristics and prices

Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:03 pm

Hi all, this is my first post. I was wondering if there existed an open access database of airliner characteristics (e.g. MTOW, Fuel Capacity, Runway Length for Takeoff at MTOW, range, fuel burn at cruise, cruise speed, etops certification, year entered service, etc), and also of aircraft sale prices both used and/or new ideally going back at least few years.

Thanks!

stratclub

Re: Database of airliner characteristics and prices

Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:56 pm

IDK, but could be. WIKI is pretty a pretty good resource for aircraft specs but by it's nature some facts might be incorrect.
A good example: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_78 ... ifications

Redfax
Topic Author

Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:31 am

Thanks, I was hoping somebody had collected this stuff. Does anybody know of a data source for prices?

BravoOne

Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:02 pm

Boeing at least and I would imagine Airbus as well are pretty sketchy on their prices regardless of what you posted, There is a posted price and then there is the actual sales price. Make the average used car salesman blush.

stratclub

Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:47 pm

A company I worked at considered brokering aircraft and we found out that you can't play unless you are a principle player. Try this site: https://naraaircraft.com/?gclid=CjwKCAj ... sUQAvD_BwE You should be able to find links to aircraft for sale as well as brokers that would be sympathetic in providing the info you wan't.

smithbs

Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:45 pm

For the aircraft characteristics portion of your question, the best publicly available material is the ACAPS (Airplane Characteristics for Airport Planning) document. It has models, weights, dimensions, payload-range charts, TO charts, etc. Very handy for the airplane enthusiast. I suspect there is a bit of error and deviation, but it's close enough for most casual non-flight planning purposes.

Some examples:
http://www.boeing.com/commercial/airpor ... nuals.page

http://www.airbus.com/aircraft/support- ... stics.html

I've had a hobby of collecting these. Airbus used to make it hard to get but now it seems to be wide open on their website. Embraer & Bombardier are also available on their websites. The tougher ones are like SAAB and Lockheed - long out that business. I've long looked but never found a TriStar ACAPS, but I have found the SAAB 340 & 2000. Boeing is a bonus because they still publish the Douglas and MDD documents.

It is also a standard document format, which is nice for consistency, but some of the weights and ranges are nuanced differently, especially if you look at the Airbus documents - Airbus is a bit more cagey about OEW, for example (but then again, OEW is variable).