JAAlbert
Topic Author

767-400 Crew Rest Question

Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:23 pm

I recently flew DL's 767-400 from JFK to ATH in coach. Mid-flight I wandered to the back galley (for another free glass of wine!) and found the flight attendants gathering filled trash bags while discussing who should be on break. One attendant opened a small door in the forward section of the galley (just behind the last row of seats) and appeared to descend, in a circular motion as the door closed behind him. I seem to recall he had one of the bags of trash with him, so I don't know if that was some sort of waste bin in there, or if the 767-400 had a lower level crew rest. He popped back out a moment later. I should have asked the flight attendants, but I didn't want to appear nosy (even though I am obviously very nosy).

Do the 767-400s have a lower level crew rest? Or should I not have had all that wine on board?

DL777200LR

Re: 767-400 Crew Rest Question

Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:33 pm

JAAlbert wrote:
I recently flew DL's 767-400 from JFK to ATH in coach. Mid-flight I wandered to the back galley (for another free glass of wine!) and found the flight attendants gathering filled trash bags while discussing who should be on break. One attendant opened a small door in the forward section of the galley (just behind the last row of seats) and appeared to descend, in a circular motion as the door closed behind him. I seem to recall he had one of the bags of trash with him, so I don't know if that was some sort of waste bin in there, or if the 767-400 had a lower level crew rest. He popped back out a moment later. I should have asked the flight attendants, but I didn't want to appear nosy (even though I am obviously very nosy).

Do the 767-400s have a lower level crew rest? Or should I not have had all that wine on board?

Yes, the 764 has a lower level crew rest which is what you saw the flight attendant go into.
Nothing better than the sound of a 77W GE90-115B on engine startup.

DlTechops

Re: 767-400 Crew Rest Question

Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:57 pm

Yeah that was the LLCR.. My question is why did he take a bag of trash down with him..

also to get down it is just a ladder so what you saw was him probably just turning around on the ladder and not going down circular staircase. If memory serves me right there are 6 bunks and a what could be considered a chair

Edited because I suck at spelling..
Pilots keep passengers safe. We keep the pilots safe.