Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

kelekun
Topic Author

A-C check costs

Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:15 pm

Hi, I have found some pretty old posts on the form giving some numbers about but I just would like to know if those numbers are still the same nowadays.

What is the average cost for a C-check of an aircraft of the level of a 767 (I saw that normally we can expect a 70% of the cost to be labor and the rest in components)?

Any information or link to some online available document would be really helpful
thank you very much!
kele

Lpbri

Re: A-C check costs

Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:56 pm

It would depend on the airline or MRO provider, and what they call a c check. At AA they were called MBV for wide bodies. Narrow bodies had light and heavy c checks. A lot would have to do with what the airline decides to fix and what they pencil whip.

kelekun
Topic Author

Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:11 pm

thanks a lot, so it is impossible (unless you check the details you kindly mentioned) to set even a range (not too wide :) ) in which those cost would lay in?

Chaostheory

Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:58 am

kelekun wrote:
thanks a lot, so it is impossible (unless you check the details you kindly mentioned) to set even a range (not too wide :) ) in which those cost would lay in?

Too many variables to give you an answer.

Where in the world are you? US/EU labour costs are twice as high as Asia.

What is the msn and spec of the aircraft?

Is the aircraft's maintenance up to date? (AD compliance, service bulletins)

What is the aircraft's utilisation figures? (flight hours to flight cycle ratio)

What sort of component support do you receive from Boeing, engine OEMs and other spare parts vendors? (We have a good experience with AJ Walter)

I'm not sure if they still publish it, but I think aviation week had a magazine focused on mro costs and best practices. May be worth looking into. Otherwise perhaps a call to Bedek will work.