zzaewon
Topic Author

AirbusWorld/PFR?

Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:34 pm

Hello all,
While I was navigating an AirbusWorld, I noticed a PFR report on pretty much every ATA. What is a PFR report and how to utilize as customer? Can we use a data to predict a fleet malfunction trend?

Thanks in advance!

Tristarsteve

Re: AirbusWorld/PFR?

Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:06 pm

It is a Post Flight Report.
As a maintenance technician, when I walk into the flight deck of an Airbus, I go to the CDU and print out the PFR. I can then see a summary of the flight, and the ECAM alerts and cautions and class 3 messages. On a A320 it usually says Nil Defects!.
A PFR is produced for each flight.
If you are working in an office, you use AirNav and see the data for the last couple of months. Then you can see trends and repetitive defects. A PFR is just for one flight, but very useful for starting fault finding.

LAE320

Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:28 pm

zzaewon wrote:
Hello all,
While I was navigating an AirbusWorld, I noticed a PFR report on pretty much every ATA. What is a PFR report and how to utilize as customer? Can we use a data to predict a fleet malfunction trend?

Thanks in advance!

The PFR is a report which lists all ECAM warnings, maintenance statuses and CFDS fault messages from the previous sector. You then use the information on the PFR to enter the troubleshooting manual at the correct point.

Data from each PFR is stored in Airman, and can be used to find trends, as Airman logs the number of occurrences of the fault over a given period. It's also useful when troubleshooting a defect, as you can easily see the full history of the fault, if it has previously occurred, and what other failures have occurred along with it.

Of course it's only useful when the fault is something that's recognised by the CFDS/ECAM!

zeke

Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:46 am

The content of the PFR is customisable, it can include addition information like engine vibration analysis.
Human rights lawyers are "ambulance chasers of the very worst kind.'" - Sky News