JohnBennet
Topic Author

Big Data in aviation - IATA, ICAO codes and all related data

Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:08 am

Hi, Aviation fans!

I'm working on a project to collect Big Data in aviation. It's very inconvenient to access all individual websites to get information about delays or aircrafts or flights etc.

We are building a database of aviation data. Where we collect information from hundreds of websites and providers around the internet automatically and compile it in one place to be accessed. Based on our IATA and ICAO codes database, developers can use the API key to get the data, always up to date, from our aviation database.

We've got it all, IATA, ICAO, ISO, airport and airline names, aircraft details all the way to the engines and seats, flight routes, delays times, time zones... basically anything you can think of.

I won't put a link to our website yet because I'm not sure if that's allowed. But would love to get some feedback! Any aviation developers out here? :)

Is this something that people would be interested in? Are there any data feeds that you think would be very convenient to add to our database?
Big data provider through API of IATA and ICAO codes database http://www.aviation-edge.com.

flipdewaf

Re: Big Data in aviation - IATA, ICAO codes and all related data

Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:59 pm

I would be very interested, statistics is a hobby if mine (I'm like an ultimate geek!) I would love access to some of the data so I can crunch some numbers. If you can't post a link here can you pm me one?

Thanks!

Fred

JohnBennet
Topic Author

Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:56 am

Hi Flipdewaf! We are just working on our latest version and it should be online in a few weeks. It will be possible to download information related to IATA and ICAO codes from our database on www.aviation-edge.com or get the IATA and ICAO API from our database.

Give us a few weeks and it will be online again! :)
Big data provider through API of IATA and ICAO codes database http://www.aviation-edge.com.

JohnBennet
Topic Author

Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:19 pm

Ok latest version is ready! :D would love feedback!

MoKa777

Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:45 am

Nice work. I wish you and your partners success.

I will check it out more closely when I get a chance.
Never be proud. Always be grateful.