rw774477
Topic Author

How many cabin crew on Emirates 600+ a/c

Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:13 pm

I'm guessing more than the ones that have fewer, but more business class, seats

Are there ever more than 4 flight crew ?

rw774477
Topic Author

Re: How many cabin crew on Emirates 600+ a/c

Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:30 am

25 ? ................................................................................................................................................................................

Starlionblue

Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:34 am

rw774477 wrote:
I'm guessing more than the ones that have fewer, but more business class, seats

Are there ever more than 4 flight crew ?

As far as I can figure, there's no current flight duration that would require more than 4 flight crew. Our Ultra Long Range ops maximum Flight Duty Period (which starts an hour pre-flight) is 19 hours. Even the longest current scheduled flight, Auckland to Doha, still has some time to spare. Note that regulations may vary by country.

There may be more than 4 flight crew on board if training and/or checking is being conducted.
"There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots." - John Ringo

B777LRF

Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:04 pm

The 615-seat A380s of EK are confined to Europe and India; all destinations under 8 hours and thus requiring no more than 2 people up the sharp end. As for cabin crew, I've no idea, but having been stuck behind an entire crew at the security check-point, I can certainly testify there's a whole lot of them!

PS
If one has to get stuck in a security line, doing so behind an EK crew is not the worst place to be :)
From receips and radials over straight pipes to big fans - been there, done that, got the hearing defects to prove

Starlionblue

Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:55 pm

IIRC a 380 has 16 doors. Regulations vary by country but typically you need at least one cabin crew per door, or one cabin crew per multiple of 50 pax. That makes at least 16 cabin crew.

However many airlines have more. On a 330-300 a normal number is 10-12 but it depends somewhat seat distribution by class. so I'd guess at least twice that.
"There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots." - John Ringo

Flightsimboy

Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:38 pm

There are at least 24 cabin crew on each EK aircraft excluding the purser. When I flew SQ on the A380 there was the same number.