Gonzalo
Topic Author

Will the Venezuela's Airspace keep safety standards under the current scenario?

Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:29 pm

Hello everybody.
First, please don´t make political posts in this topic, we all know what i'm talking about. There are topics in the non aviation forum to do that.
Second, i'm not saying or implying that the venezuelan workers who control the airspace / air traffic over venezuelan skies, will do anything unprofessional with intention, i'm just worried about the real, potential chance of a deterioration for the worker´s performance, for a number of plausible causes ( i.e., violence in the streets could affect the chance to even reach the place where they work, personal situations related to the current crisis causing additional stress, etc. ). I will be crossing venezuelan airspace a couple of times in the next weeks and I just want to know what do you think about this questions.

Rgds.

G.

anshabhi

Re: Will the Venezuela's Airspace keep safety standards under the current scenario?

Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:39 pm

much more people coss Afghanistan and Pakistan airspace everyday!

Gonzalo
Topic Author

Re: Will the Venezuela's Airspace keep safety standards under the current scenario?

Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:22 pm

anshabhi wrote:
much more people coss Afghanistan and Pakistan airspace everyday!

I don´t know about Pakistan, AFAIK a state of chaos in the main streets is not the current scenario in Pakistan , like it is in Venezuela. And about crossing Afghanistan, I certainly be worried if I´m crossing that airspace, and I can assure you many of the passengers ( that are aware about the route of the flight ), think a couple ot times about it.
A distracted, overstressed, overloaded air traffic controller could cause a mess.

Rgds.
G.
Gear Up!!: DC-3 / EMB-110 / Fairchild-227 / Ab318-19-20-21 / B732 / B763 / B789

readytotaxi

Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:49 pm

I think as long as they continue to get paid no problem. If their pay drys up they won't show up for work and the knock on from that would be bad.
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!

BravoOne

Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:33 pm

I'm see where their NOTAMS and METARS are frequently missing for days at a time. Can't be good so users should be alert and expect the unexpected. Did see an article regarding a 767 being shot while on approach down in Brazil but forgot which airport. Probably Rio?

c933103

Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:50 am

Shortly after Avianca suspend their flights to Venezuela, they also announced that they are cutting Barbados because they are avoiding the Venezuelan airspace and that would double their journey time to Barbadoes.