Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

RUDYAFRIAN
Topic Author

A-Check Inspection

Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:54 am

Due to operational schedule in our company and affect the aircraft inspection schedule.
Can be perform partly (installments) the A-Check inspection before due date of inspection?

fr8mech

Re: A-Check Inspection

Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:07 pm

RUDYAFRIAN wrote:
Due to operational schedule in our company and affect the aircraft inspection schedule.
Can be perform partly (installments) the A-Check inspection before due date of inspection?

That all depends on the maintenance program approved by the administrator (FAA here in the US). We can do calendar check early all we want, the clock resets every time we do them. It's inefficient to that, but sometimes the schedule drives the maintenance program, instead of the other way around.

As for segmenting the check, again, that depends on what you've sold to the administrator.

Dalmd88

Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:10 pm

How much downtime do you have? Most 'A' checks I've worked were able to be done in a six hour overnight with two to three Mechanics. We would sometimes add a fourth just to work other scheduled or non routine work.

fr8mech

Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:24 pm

Dalmd88 wrote:
How much downtime do you have? Most 'A' checks I've worked were able to be done in a six hour overnight with two to three Mechanics. We would sometimes add a fourth just to work other scheduled or non routine work.

I suspect this is a matter of the same nomenclature (A check, for instance) used for a different level check at different operators. In fact, back in the day :old: a DC-8 A Check could be done on an overnight with 2 mechanics. A B747-100/200 A-check was a 2 day long operation with a full crew working it, round the clock.

RUDYAFRIAN
Topic Author

Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:20 am

fr8mech wrote:
RUDYAFRIAN wrote:

That all depends on the maintenance program approved by the administrator (FAA here in the US). We can do calendar check early all we want, the clock resets every time we do them. It's inefficient to that, but sometimes the schedule drives the maintenance program, instead of the other way around.

As for segmenting the check, again, that depends on what you've sold to the administrator.

Thank you very much for the information, it is very helpful.
But I want to ask, whether there is a reference that can reinforce this statement ..?

Wacker1000

Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:25 am

You're asking for maintenance program advice on an internet forum?

Print out this thread and give it to your local regulatory authority.

fr8mech

Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:42 pm

RUDYAFRIAN wrote:
But I want to ask, whether there is a reference that can reinforce this statement ..?

If you're asking for the particular regulation that spells out how a maintenance program is put together, I'm not going to dig around for it. It'll be in Part 121, or possibly in Part 125.

Internally, you should look in your General Maintenance Manual (GMM) or in the Maintenance Specification Manual (MSM).

RUDYAFRIAN
Topic Author

Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:07 am

Wacker1000 wrote:
You're asking for maintenance program advice on an internet forum?

Print out this thread and give it to your local regulatory authority.

Is this wrong? I just ask the opinion of the reader of the topic, if you do not like it, you do not have to comment here, because it will waste your time.

RUDYAFRIAN
Topic Author

Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:10 am

fr8mech wrote:
RUDYAFRIAN wrote:

If you're asking for the particular regulation that spells out how a maintenance program is put together, I'm not going to dig around for it. It'll be in Part 121, or possibly in Part 125.

Internally, you should look in your General Maintenance Manual (GMM) or in the Maintenance Specification Manual (MSM).

Thanks for the informations, this informations is very helpful to me, I also apologize because I am new in this world of airlines.