johnwest
Topic Author

autobraking system in crj200 and erj145?

Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:56 pm

Anybody knows it the crj200 and erj145 have an autobraking system?

modesto2

Re: autobraking system in crj200 and erj145?

Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:57 pm

The ERJ does not have autobrakes.

jetskipper

Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:58 pm

Neither of them have an auto brake system, however both have anti-lock and anti-skid protections.

johnwest
Topic Author

Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:01 pm

jetskipper wrote:
Neither of them have an auto brake system, however both have anti-lock and anti-skid protections.

thx

johnwest
Topic Author

Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:01 pm

What about trust reverers?Only the crj200?

a340crew

Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:03 pm

e145 has thrust reversers

32andBelow

Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:32 pm

johnwest wrote:

I cant think of any airliner without thrust reversers. Even turboprops have them.

azjubilee

Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:42 pm

32andBelow wrote:
johnwest wrote:

I cant think of any airliner without thrust reversers. Even turboprops have them.

The BAE146/Avro RJ series do not have thrust reverse.

Also, turbo-prop reverse isn't quite like turbo-fan reverse. A t-prop will physically change the angle of the blade to push air forward, the turbo-fan will redirect air through blocker doors of some sort, with no changes to blade angles of the fan.

Acey559

Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:52 pm

Many EMB-145 aircraft don't have thrust reversers, it's an option on that plane. We had them on all our planes at Eagle (Envoy) but were very restricted by the company as to when we could use them.

32andBelow

Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:55 pm

azjubilee wrote:
32andBelow wrote:
johnwest wrote:

The BAE146/Avro RJ series do not have thrust reverse.

Also, turbo-prop reverse isn't quite like turbo-fan reverse. A t-prop will physically change the angle of the blade to push air forward, the turbo-fan will redirect air through blocker doors of some sort, with no changes to blade angles of the fan.

It doesn't mean its not reverse. It does the same thing. You can make a turboprop roll backwards if you hit them from a stop.

baje427

Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:56 pm

The BAE 146 is not equipped with thrust reverse although they are rare outside of Europe.

32andBelow wrote:
johnwest wrote:

Sean-SAN-

Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:12 pm

Some of the Trans States E145's do not have thrust reversers.

trnswrld

Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:15 pm

Acey559 wrote:
Many EMB-145 aircraft don't have thrust reversers, it's an option on that plane. We had them on all our planes at Eagle (Envoy) but were very restricted by the company as to when we could use them.

Just curious, let's say you land and you use thrust reverser on a particular plane or flight that you were not supposed to. Does the company know this? Do you have to submit paper work or something?

azjubilee

Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:16 pm

[/quote]It doesn't mean its not reverse. It does the same thing. You can make a turboprop roll backwards if you hit them from a stop.[/quote]

Right, but we are talking about reverse thrust, which is different than what t-props have. It's actually not the same. Since you're nitpicking, I'll return the favor. T-props don't produce thrust in the same way turbofans do, so they don't have reverse thrust. The mechanical intracacies are very different between the two, which provide the different ways to reduce speed.
Last edited by azjubilee on Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

azjubilee

Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:19 pm

trnswrld wrote:
Acey559 wrote:

Just curious, let's say you land and you use thrust reverser on a particular plane or flight that you were not supposed to. Does the company know this? Do you have to submit paper work or something?

Simple answer: With few exceptions, it's standard practice to use them if equipped, so a pilot wouldn't have to self disclose a normal practice.

32andBelow

Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:29 pm

azjubilee wrote:
It doesn't mean its not reverse. It does the same thing. You can make a turboprop roll backwards if you hit them from a stop.[/quote]

Right, but we are talking about reverse thrust, which is different than what t-props have. It's actually not the same. Since you're nitpicking, I'll return the favor. T-props don't produce thrust, for one thing, so they don't have reverse thrust. The mechanical intracacies are very different between the two, which provide the different ways to reduce speed.[/quote]
Turboprops don't product thrust? Wot

azjubilee

Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:39 pm

32andBelow wrote:
azjubilee wrote:
It doesn't mean its not reverse. It does the same thing. You can make a turboprop roll backwards if you hit them from a stop.

Right, but we are talking about reverse thrust, which is different than what t-props have. It's actually not the same. Since you're nitpicking, I'll return the favor. T-props don't produce thrust, for one thing, so they don't have reverse thrust. The mechanical intracacies are very different between the two, which provide the different ways to reduce speed.[/quote]

Turboprops don't product thrust? Wot[/quote]

Damn iPhone. Somehow part of my sentence disappeared. I fixed the original post. What should have been there was "turboprops don't produce thrust in the same way turbofans do." The point remains, it's not called reverse thrust on a tprop and getting the reverse effect happens differently. That's all I'm saying, in direct response to your incorrect assertion that all planes have reverse thrust, "even turbo props."
To

johnwest
Topic Author

Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:43 pm

32andBelow wrote:
johnwest wrote:

Know your facts dude: http://www.pprune.org/tech-log/244054-e ... hrust.html

johnwest
Topic Author

Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:46 pm

Its also for more payload that not all embraer have reverse thrust.

johnwest
Topic Author

Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:47 pm

johnwest wrote:
Its also for more payload that not all embraer have reverse thrust.

145's

ODwyerPW

Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:32 pm

There is a previous thread on the Embraer ERJ 135/140/145 Thrust Reversers .

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=741063

Lots of good info, particulary weight (some 700lbs), noise restriction issues, etc..
learning never stops.

johnwest
Topic Author

Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:16 am

ODwyerPW wrote:
There is a previous thread on the Embraer ERJ 135/140/145 Thrust Reversers .

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=741063

Lots of good info, particulary weight (some 700lbs), noise restriction issues, etc..

Thx buddy. Nice info

vhqpa

Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:45 am

azjubilee wrote:
32andBelow wrote:
johnwest wrote:

The BAE146/Avro RJ series do not have thrust reverse thrust.

Fokker F28 didn't have them either.
"There you go ladies and gentleman we're through Mach 1 the speed of sound no bumps no bangs... CONCORDE"

Acey559

Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:09 am

trnswrld wrote:
Acey559 wrote:

No disclosure and some guys did use them every leg. It was a long-winded company limitation that aimed to reduce maintenance, fuel burn and cabin noise. There wasn't really anything punitive unless there happened to be a fed or check airman onboard or something like that. I always thought it was silly to not use them but it was in the book so most only used them sparingly.

Woodreau

Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:15 pm

trnswrld wrote:
Acey559 wrote:

Not all of the birds had FOQA, but on the FOQA birds the plane would record all the parameters, and when downloaded the company could tell if thrust reversers were used or not.
No paperwork is required, though I noticed that when I used thrust reversers, I tended to get thrust reverser faults stowing them more often than not, so we ended up getting stuck at an outstation or leaving a bird with a writeup at the hub.

You learn all sorts of bad habits flying an Embraer-145 that you have to unlearn when going to another airplane like Boeing/Airbus/Bombardier
(1) Bypass safety guards to do normal operations (start engines)
(2) Not use thrust reversers
(3) Not check outside air temp when flying through clouds/visible moisture
(4) Ignoring master cautions
Bonus animus sit, ab experientia. Quod salvatum fuerit de malis usu venit judicium.

johnwest
Topic Author

Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:34 pm

Woodreau wrote:
trnswrld wrote:
Acey559 wrote:

Not all of the birds had FOQA, but on the FOQA birds the plane would record all the parameters, and when downloaded the company could tell if thrust reversers were used or not.
No paperwork is required, though I noticed that when I used thgg0rust reversers, I tended to get thrust reverser faults stowing them more often than not, so we ended up getting stuck at an outstation or leaving a bird with a writeup at the hub.

You learn all sorts of bad habits flying an Embraer-145 that you have to unlearn when going to another airplane like Boeing/Airbus/Bombardier

Wtf?? Nr 3 not checking oat in moisture conditions? Why??

kabq737

Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:13 am

Woodreau wrote:
trnswrld wrote:
Acey559 wrote:

No paperwork is required, though I noticed that when I used thrust reversers, I tended to get thrust reverser faults stowing them more often than not, so we ended up getting stuck at an outstation or leaving a bird with a writeup at the hub.

How come master cautions were ignored?
When it comes to scary things I prefer ignorance!

Acey559

Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:20 am

johnwest wrote:
Woodreau wrote:
trnswrld wrote:

No paperwork is required, though I noticed that when I used thgg0rust reversers, I tended to get thrust reverser faults stowing them more often than not, so we ended up getting stuck at an outstation or leaving a bird with a writeup at the hub.

Wtf?? Nr 3 not checking oat in moisture conditions? Why??

The anti-icing system was completely automatic, even engine anti-ice, so people get in the habit of never paying attention because the plane took care of it. There was that caveat that if you noticed ice accretion and the system hadn't turned on yet, it was the pilot's responsibility, but that was rarely the case because the system was good about taking care of it. Looking back on it, it's a goofy airplane for sure.