SQ22
Topic Author

Air Chathams Reservations Question

Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:06 pm

I am considering booking a trip on the Convair to CHT and I am wondering can I reserve a seat when doing the booking. Maybe depending on the type of fare I am choosing?

I was searching on the website, but I haven't found any information.

Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks.

OlafW

Re: Air Chathams Reservations Question

Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:52 pm

When I took that flight in 2012, there was no seat selection during booking. I think I could choose during check-in, but not sure anymore. Anyway, if you tell them you are taking the trip for the plane (well, actually they will be able to tell. Most of the local fliers are regulars ;) ), you will certainly get a window seat. Even an upgrade to the jumpseat in the cockpit is not unheard of, but I assume that depends.

SQ22
Topic Author

Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:16 pm

OlafW wrote:
When I took that flight in 2012, there was no seat selection during booking. I think I could choose during check-in, but not sure anymore. Anyway, if you tell them you are taking the trip for the plane (well, actually they will be able to tell. Most of the local fliers are regulars ;) ), you will certainly get a window seat. Even an upgrade to the jumpseat in the cockpit is not unheard of, but I assume that depends.

Thanks, I read some trip reports and ery report included the visit to the cockpit, so I was already wondering about this.

aerorobnz

Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:19 pm

I had the jumpseat AKL-WAG from start to finish on the Convair. However, my actual seat assignment was on the window. you just have to allow for enough time to get seat assignments as everyone used to before web check and the internet. Most locals will not check in prior to 90min ahead
Flown to 147 Airports in 62 Countries on 83 Operators and counting. Wanderlust is like Syphilis, once you have the itch it's too late for treatment.

SQ22
Topic Author

Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:08 am

aerorobnz wrote:
I had the jumpseat AKL-WAG from start to finish on the Convair. However, my actual seat assignment was on the window. you just have to allow for enough time to get seat assignments as everyone used to before web check and the internet. Most locals will not check in prior to 90min ahead

Thanks for advice. :veryhappy: