Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

rainaviation
Topic Author

Connecting in MSP or ATL

Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:40 pm

I am looking at flights to CDG and have the option to connect in MSP or ATL. Which one would be the better choice? I am flying out of MCI.

masgniw

Re: Connecting in MSP or ATL

Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:56 pm

Sorta depends on your priorities:

- Amenities: I tend to prefer MSP -- I find it a very comfortable place to spend a few hours in transit. Lots to see/eat/do/drink.
- Delays/Cancelations/Weather: ATL is probably marginally worse than MSP in terms of delays, but there are also 4 daily ATL-CDG flights. So, if your original flight doesn't work out, there's a stronger contingency plan at ATL for getting you to CDG.
- Cost: I don't know which one is cheaper for you, but this always tends to tip the scale for me

stlgph

Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:44 am

Depending on how the booking is available to you, try going out one way and coming back the other - and just for the fun of it - see if you can get Air France for one of the legs, I'm presuming it's in the time of the year where you'd find them on ATL-CDG only, just for the sake of comparing the two.

evank516

Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:51 pm

I've connected in both MSP and ATL. However the main food court in MSP was closed when I was there 3 weeks ago while ATL's E and F Concourse offer some pretty nice options food wise. If you're a smoker, ATL is much more smoker friendly with indoor lounges available (you'll find me there on every layover I have). Considering you're flying from MCI the level of flights to both is pretty good so I wouldn't really worry about schedule. However the advantage of MSP is the shorter flight from MCI so that'll be nicer coming home if you do CDG-MSP-MCI.

DaveFly

Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:24 pm

I’ve recently transferred at both airports, and they were each very good. ATL and MSP are both good options, far better than some other hubs I can name.