Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

ryanrap1
Topic Author

Question about UA flight -10/12

Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:59 am

Good Evening All,

I have a quick question just more out of curiosity. I am flying from San Antonio to Bstob Rouge on Friday to visit my mom for the weekend. I am booked on UA flight 4028. Departing IAH - BTR at 745 am on Friday.

A couple days ago I went to look at the seats and the plane was about half full. Rarely booked up to BTR when I travel. I was going to look to possibly change my seat and in my reservation when I click change seats for that flight it states “ advanced seat assignments unavailable for this flight”. However I had already chosen one and shows on my reservation.

I went to make a mock booking and the flight from IAH to BTR doesn’t even show as an option. Anyone know why this could be?

airportugal310

Re: Question about UA flight -10/12

Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:16 am

Sold out from approaching Hurricane?

jaybird

Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:19 am

SABRE is showing 6 flights - IAH-BTR on 12OCT. Flights are really heavily booked - there are just 1 or 2 seats avaiable on each flight. UA4028 is showing operating coach only - and the flight is sold out.

jaybird

Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:22 am

airportugal310 wrote:

Not sure that would be it - flying from IAH to BTR is flying closer to the hurricane so it's not people trying to get out of the path of the hurricane.

IADCA

Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:34 am

jaybird wrote:
airportugal310 wrote:

Not sure that would be it - flying from IAH to BTR is flying closer to the hurricane so it's not people trying to get out of the path of the hurricane.

LSU has a home football game on Saturday early afternoon against the #2 team in the country. That's a big game for a team that's already a big draw. Decent chance of that being the cause of your issue.

cofannyc

Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:43 am

jaybird wrote:
airportugal310 wrote:

Total aside, but my experience working for an airline in RM was that there was always significant demand heading into hurricane zones just before a hurricane. People wanted to get home quickly to secure property and whatnot, gather belongings, and evacuate by car.