Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

ccjohn
Topic Author

Long Shot, But Can Anyone Figure Out The Flight Number?

Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:02 am

Back in 2008 when i was in high school we took a group trip to India (from the US). I was looking through pictures i had, and would be curious if anyone could figure out what airline (and i would be amazed if anyone could find out the exact plane) that i was on. The flight was direct from ORD-DEL. We left afternoon in ORD and arrived late night in DEL (around 10ish). The flight left ORD July 1 2008. It was on a US carrier but i dont know which one. While looking through my pictures this was the only one i could find, just a shot of the wing. I know it was on a 777 but thats all the help i can be. I would be interested if anyone could find out more.

Image[

RushmoreAir

Re: Long Shot, But Can Anyone Figure Out The Flight Number?

Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:39 am

You were on AA 292, Dep ORD 1910 Arr DEL 2030+1 (scheduled, might have been delayed for a later arrival), as that was the only ORD-DEL nonstop on Jul 1 08. Unfortunately, I don 't have the a/c registration.

jpetekyxmd80

Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:43 am

If that is the wing of your 777, we have a problem

That's a MD80

code176

Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:36 am

jpetekyxmd80 wrote:

That's a MD80

+1 Undoubtedly an MD-80/MD-90 wing.

ccjohn
Topic Author

Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:36 am

RushmoreAir wrote:
You were on AA 292, Dep ORD 1910 Arr DEL 2030+1 (scheduled, might have been delayed for a later arrival), as that was the only ORD-DEL nonstop on Jul 1 08. Unfortunately, I don 't have the a/c registration.

Awesome thank you

jpetekyxmd80 wrote:

That's a MD80

You know now that you mention it that would have been my BOS-ORD leg earlier in the day.

I’m certain the ORD-DEL was on a 777. And I was in the 3rd to last row. Couldn’t have been in the picture above.

My bad, memory gets fuzzy after 10 years. Thanks for the help everyone

ccjohn
Topic Author

Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:09 am

Just incase anyone stumbles across this thread I thought I would give a little more info. I was searching other threads and someone posted this link:

https://www.acarsd.org/world_ACARS_repo ... 080701.txt

If you change the date at the end of the web address you can get flights for that day. Then just search for your flight number and it will show you which plane flew it.

Found out my plane in question was N791AN.

Awesome site with tons of helpful people. Thanks again for helping me track down which plane I was on

Alexdk

Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:27 pm

ccjohn wrote:
Just incase anyone stumbles across this thread I thought I would give a little more info. I was searching other threads and someone posted this link:

If you change the date at the end of the web address you can get flights for that day. Then just search for your flight number and it will show you which plane flew it.

Awesome site with tons of helpful people. Thanks again for helping me track down which plane I was on

That’s a shame they apparently don’t offer the history before 2006. I remember my every flight exactly since 2006)

777Jet

Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:13 am

Alexdk wrote:
ccjohn wrote:

That’s a shame they apparently don’t offer the history before 2006. I remember my every flight exactly since 2006)

Is there any way to get this data from 2004 & 2005?