jhsusman
Topic Author
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:06 pm

Denver: Future International Flights

Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:22 pm

Lots of construction ramping up in Denver - both the Great Hall re-development and 39 new gate expansion projects are underway. We witnessed a flurry of international service announced / added in 2017 (Norwegian to LGW & CDG, Edelweiss to ZRH, Copa to PTY, etc) but haven't heard of any incremental additions - it remains to be seen if Aer Lingus will add Denver in 2019.

What do others speculate as upcoming new international service in/out of Denver? I wonder if DEN is capacity limited until the new international wide-body gates are built. in the A Concourse . .
 
jplatts
Posts: 1860
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: Denver: Future International Flights

Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:43 pm

WN could add nonstop service from DEN to international destinations in the Caribbean such as MBJ, PUJ, and AUA. WN would be able to connect passengers to the Caribbean from the WN destinations in the Pacific Northwest, Northern California, and the Mountain West through DEN if WN added nonstop service to Caribbean destinations from DEN.
 
2travel2know2
Posts: 2660
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:01 pm

Re: Denver: Future International Flights

Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:48 pm

How about Star Alliance AV SAL-DEN later this year or in 2019?
I'm not on CM's payroll.
 
Beechtobus
Posts: 456
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:09 pm

Re: Denver: Future International Flights

Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:26 pm

I do see a DL addition to AMS or CDG. Word is that 7-8 of the new A gates are going to DL in addition to the ones they already have. This will bring them up to 13-14 gates in DEN if the rumor of them getting that many additional gates is true. With an operation that size in Denver, requiring that many gates, I cannot see them not connecting DEN with one of thier European hubs.
 
trexel94
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:44 pm

Re: Denver: Future International Flights

Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:48 am

Denver city council recently approved an incentive package in April for 400k for an airline to operate 4x weekly service with an A330-200 seating 266 passengers with the proposed service starting next spring. No destination or airline was named but the profile exactly matches Aer Lingus. However, I wouldn't expect a new service announcement for 2019 (for EU service at least) until this fall/early winter since they tend to start service in spring/early summer. Besides with three new routes that's a huge capacity jump and apparently DEN to Europe is reaching its limits with DY already losing money with its DEN to CDG flight.

- A few years ago (2015), CPH was mentioned and TK has expressed interest with DEN being the only star hub it doesn't serve but no news since.

- In the Denver Business Journal earlier this year, a DY executive stated they're considering adding seasonal flights to ether MAD or BCN in 2019 or 2020.

- Amsterdam could be in the works as Denver is one of its largest unserved markets and AMS authorities have DEN as a target destination (from a 2017 publication). Problem is would DL or KLM serve the route with SLC being close by and DEN being a star hub? Plus when was the last time KLM added a non-skyteam route?

- Asiana and/or Air China/Hainan to ICN and PEK would be good additions and have been rumored for some time. China is one of the largest unserved markets. Perhaps a 2020 add?

Also i'm surprised there isn't more service to Latin/South America. When COPA announced DEN they stated that over 700 people travel between Denver and Latin/South America per day, 200 more people than to London (a route with three wide-bodies serving). Surely an airline like Avianca could make DEN work?

sources:
https://choosecolorado.com/wp-content/u ... 9-2018.pdf
https://media.bizj.us/view/img/5110841/ ... 3-0-52.png
https://www.bizjournals.com/denver/news ... enver.html
https://www.bizjournals.com/denver/news ... other.html
 
2travel2know2
Posts: 2660
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:01 pm

Re: Denver: Future International Flights

Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:09 am

trexel94 wrote:
- A few years ago (2015), CPH was mentioned and TK has expressed interest with DEN being the only star hub it doesn't serve but no news since.
TK might make more sense for DEN as IST is such a mega hub when compared to CPH or ARN from where SK may fly to DEN.
However, Scandinavians are big fan of Skiing, so the idea of winter CPH/ARN-DEN isn't that far fetched.
Also i'm surprised there isn't more service to Latin/South America. When COPA announced DEN they stated that over 700 people travel between Denver and Latin/South America per day, 200 more people than to London (a route with three wide-bodies serving). Surely an airline like Avianca could make DEN work?
[/quote]AV flies some day-time rotations to U.S airports at similar range from SAL departing its hub early morning returning early evening. A possible SAL-DEN-SAL could fit between the hub banks. IMHO, SAL is a better hub candidate for an AV DEN flight than BOG.
I'm not on CM's payroll.
 
flyaustralian12
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:54 am

Re: Denver: Future International Flights

Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:40 am

lots of talk about DEN/AKL with NZ.

NZ already fly AKL/SFO, AKL/LAX, AKL/YVR & AKL/ORD is about to start soon I think.

Many Australians connect thru AKL to USA from CNS, BNE, SYD, MEL, ADL & PER.

AKL int terminal is very easy to change aircraft at. Not like changing terminals in Australia.

Any such nonstop flight would surely be codeshared with UA, who have many connections all over USA, Canada, Mexico from DEN.
 
bfitzflyer
Posts: 242
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:02 am

Re: Denver: Future International Flights

Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:13 am

Longshot, but EVA to TPE, they seem to be adding most the major UA hubs and amazing connections throughout SE Asia, but would likely be low yielding.
 
LAXLHR
Posts: 331
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:07 am

Re: Denver: Future International Flights

Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:33 am

trexel94 wrote:
Denver city council recently approved an incentive package in April for 400k for an airline to operate 4x weekly service with an A330-200 seating 266 passengers with the proposed service starting next spring. No destination or airline was named but the profile exactly matches Aer Lingus. However, I wouldn't expect a new service announcement for 2019 (for EU service at least) until this fall/early winter since they tend to start service in spring/early summer. Besides with three new routes that's a huge capacity jump and apparently DEN to Europe is reaching its limits with DY already losing money with its DEN to CDG flight.

- A few years ago (2015), CPH was mentioned and TK has expressed interest with DEN being the only star hub it doesn't serve but no news since.

- In the Denver Business Journal earlier this year, a DY executive stated they're considering adding seasonal flights to ether MAD or BCN in 2019 or 2020.

- Amsterdam could be in the works as Denver is one of its largest unserved markets and AMS authorities have DEN as a target destination (from a 2017 publication). Problem is would DL or KLM serve the route with SLC being close by and DEN being a star hub? Plus when was the last time KLM added a non-skyteam route?

- Asiana and/or Air China/Hainan to ICN and PEK would be good additions and have been rumored for some time. China is one of the largest unserved markets. Perhaps a 2020 add?

Also i'm surprised there isn't more service to Latin/South America. When COPA announced DEN they stated that over 700 people travel between Denver and Latin/South America per day, 200 more people than to London (a route with three wide-bodies serving). Surely an airline like Avianca could make DEN work?

sources:
https://choosecolorado.com/wp-content/u ... 9-2018.pdf
https://media.bizj.us/view/img/5110841/ ... 3-0-52.png
https://www.bizjournals.com/denver/news ... enver.html
https://www.bizjournals.com/denver/news ... other.html


That's because London is L O N D O N!!! :-D :-D
BA JM EA GK PA VS AA SN HP CO W7 WN NW DL QQ UA AC US LH LX OS JL QF QR PG MH CX U2 EK 9W UK TP VY VN PC LO OK OZ UL SQ LA

707 727 L10 732-NG 741 742 743 744 752 753 762 763 772 773 787 DC8 DC9 DC10 M80 M11 100 AB3 310 318 319 320 321 332 333 342 343 380
 
jhsusman
Topic Author
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:06 pm

Re: Denver: Future International Flights

Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:41 pm

I wonder if Emirates is still interested in serving Denver. . .
 
SmithAir747
Posts: 1856
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:30 am

Re: Denver: Future International Flights

Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:56 pm

I've been wondering this for a while now: When BA retire their 747 fleet in the early 2020s, what is the most likely aircraft to replace the 744 on the DEN-LHR route?

SmithAir747
I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made... (Psalm 139:14)
 
User avatar
TWA772LR
Posts: 6088
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:12 am

Re: Denver: Future International Flights

Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:08 pm

TK talks out of their ass a lot. I wouldn't count on them coming to DEN any time soon.

I can see NZ and Hainan coming during or before 2020.
You know all is right is the world when the only thing people worry about is if the president had sex with a pornstar.


The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.
 
N292UX
Posts: 179
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:08 pm

Re: Denver: Future International Flights

Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:09 pm

I wouldn't but it past EK to enter DEN, and I bet they will sometime down the road.
I'm also surprised there's no service from AF/KL. I could see one of those 2 or DL launching service to either CDG or AMS
If not one of those, it'd probably be a Star Alliance carrier who jumps in
 
diatraveler
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2001 12:16 am

Re: Denver: Future International Flights

Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:10 pm

Beechtobus wrote:
I do see a DL addition to AMS or CDG. Word is that 7-8 of the new A gates are going to DL in addition to the ones they already have. This will bring them up to 13-14 gates in DEN if the rumor of them getting that many additional gates is true. With an operation that size in Denver, requiring that many gates, I cannot see them not connecting DEN with one of thier European hubs.


Delta taking the majority of the new gates on A makes sense. Then I ran across this article from May that states United is taking 4-6 of the new gates on A. I would have thought that with the expansion on B, United would have more than enough gate capacity. Maybe United is planing on increased international flying once the new gates are finished?

Source:
http://airsoc.com/articles/view/id/5b0f ... -expansion
 
Dominion301
Posts: 1512
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Re: Denver: Future International Flights

Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:48 pm

It would be nice to see UA re-enter some or all of the DEN transborder routes that they cut.
 
Kden95
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:55 pm

Re: Denver: Future International Flights

Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:09 pm

I’m interested to hear what destinations Delta would or could add out of Denver that aren't already served domesticly. As for international flights I just can’t see them adding anything. Plus with Salt Lake being a large hub and it’s proximity to Denver. I guess will see.
 
jplatts
Posts: 1860
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: Denver: Future International Flights

Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:50 pm

Kden95 wrote:
I’m interested to hear what destinations Delta would or could add out of Denver that aren't already served domesticly. As for international flights I just can’t see them adding anything. Plus with Salt Lake being a large hub and it’s proximity to Denver. I guess will see.


DL already serves its ATL, DTW, LAX, MSP, LGA, JFK, SLC, and SEA hubs and its CVG focus city nonstop from DEN. I could see DL possibly adding nonstop service to its BOS and RDU focus cities out of DEN, but I am unsure if DL will add nonstop service out of DEN to domestic destinations other than BOS or RDU.
 
Denver772
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:32 pm

Re: Denver: Future International Flights

Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:11 am

jplatts wrote:
Kden95 wrote:
I’m interested to hear what destinations Delta would or could add out of Denver that aren't already served domesticly. As for international flights I just can’t see them adding anything. Plus with Salt Lake being a large hub and it’s proximity to Denver. I guess will see.


DL already serves its ATL, DTW, LAX, MSP, LGA, JFK, SLC, and SEA hubs and its CVG focus city nonstop from DEN. I could see DL possibly adding nonstop service to its BOS and RDU focus cities out of DEN, but I am unsure if DL will add nonstop service out of DEN to domestic destinations other than BOS or RDU.


What about AUS? Just a thought. I know that market is already heavily saturated out of DEN but with Delta ramping up their AUS operations I could see them adding a flight to DEN.
 
trexel94
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:44 pm

Re: Denver: Future International Flights

Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:20 pm

Greater focus to expand INTL options of DEN. China, ICN, DUB, AMS and an additional flight to CDG top of wish list.

https://www.vaildaily.com/news/denver-i ... d-markets/
 
crescent
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:09 am

Re: Denver: Future International Flights

Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:36 pm

Watching Sichuan try CTU-BOS, it struck me why someone/anyone didn't try PEK-DEN or PVG-DEN first. Certainly makes sense for CA to do it for the UA connections.
 
N649DL
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:21 pm

Re: Denver: Future International Flights

Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:36 am

jplatts wrote:
Kden95 wrote:
I’m interested to hear what destinations Delta would or could add out of Denver that aren't already served domesticly. As for international flights I just can’t see them adding anything. Plus with Salt Lake being a large hub and it’s proximity to Denver. I guess will see.


DL already serves its ATL, DTW, LAX, MSP, LGA, JFK, SLC, and SEA hubs and its CVG focus city nonstop from DEN. I could see DL possibly adding nonstop service to its BOS and RDU focus cities out of DEN, but I am unsure if DL will add nonstop service out of DEN to domestic destinations other than BOS or RDU.


Yeah I don't see many new routes out of DEN either opening out without disturbing the connection feeds out of SLC. Maybe seasonal DEN-CUN service like what DL has out of CUN to other stations during the winter.
 
jetmatt777
Posts: 3586
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:16 am

Re: Denver: Future International Flights

Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:05 am

diatraveler wrote:
Beechtobus wrote:
I do see a DL addition to AMS or CDG. Word is that 7-8 of the new A gates are going to DL in addition to the ones they already have. This will bring them up to 13-14 gates in DEN if the rumor of them getting that many additional gates is true. With an operation that size in Denver, requiring that many gates, I cannot see them not connecting DEN with one of thier European hubs.


Delta taking the majority of the new gates on A makes sense. Then I ran across this article from May that states United is taking 4-6 of the new gates on A. I would have thought that with the expansion on B, United would have more than enough gate capacity. Maybe United is planing on increased international flying once the new gates are finished?

Source:
http://airsoc.com/articles/view/id/5b0f ... -expansion


United isn’t gaining any gates at all on B. The new gates on the west end will replace some of the UAX gates being converted to mainline gates (which requires 2 UAX gates for every 1 mainline gate). Pre construction UA will have 69 gates, post construction United will have 69 gates. The difference is the added mainline capability.
Lighten up while you still can, don't even try to understand, just find a place to make your stand and take it easy
 
planemanofnz
Posts: 4184
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:46 pm

Re: Denver: Future International Flights

Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:09 am

There were rumours on here a while back of UA and a 788 to AKL, within the NZ-UA JV. NZ couldn't do DEN, because the 789 can't do DEN - AKL, due to DEN's altitude, so this is a rare case of the 788 (and UA) winning out.

There might be good Australian connection opportunities too, as DEN - Australia is highly unlikely to be feasible, due to DEN's altitude, and AKL beats LAX/SFO in offering an international-to-international same-terminal transit.

Cheers,

C.
 
slcdeltarumd11
Posts: 4100
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:30 am

Re: Denver: Future International Flights

Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:11 am

My bet would be skyteams doing either AMS or MCO.
 
TK739ER
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:56 am

Re: Denver: Future International Flights

Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:03 am

With the completion of the new airport and new metal arriving, I would not be surprised if TK comes to DEN somewhere in the first half of 2020s. Of course mine is wishful thinking but we all know along with some other US cities DEN is also in their scope.
 
hooverman
Posts: 246
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:20 pm

Re: Denver: Future International Flights

Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:49 am

trexel94 wrote:

- Amsterdam could be in the works as Denver is one of its largest unserved markets and AMS authorities have DEN as a target destination (from a 2017 publication). Problem is would DL or KLM serve the route with SLC being close by and DEN being a star hub? Plus when was the last time KLM added a non-skyteam route?


KL anounced Las Vegas a few months ago.

Maybe UA could launch the route.
 
master14225
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 6:38 am

Re: Denver: Future International Flights

Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:27 am

NH could be a possibility for DEN-NRT as AC flies YYC-NRT seasonally. But I feel that NH will come to YYZ before DEN.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: rainaviation, Super80Fan and 26 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos