IAHFLYR
Topic Author

Connecting in ATL

Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:57 pm

It's been far too many years since I've connected in ATL and this coming week I will be doing that very thing.

My question for those who know ATL well is this, are you able to get to every Concourse via the train system and remain inside security? I would like to see the new International gates and use the KLM Club with my scheduled 2+30 connect time, but do not want to get outside of security. I believe all other Concourses one can remain inside security while transiting between them.

All information is appreciated and thank you in advance.
Any views shared are strictly my own and do not a represent those of any former employer.

e38

Re: Connecting in ATL

Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:35 pm

IAHFLYR, yes, all the concourses at the Atlanta airport are connected via the underground train,.
All the concourses are also connected with the underground walkway. There is interesting artwork and historical displays in some of the underground corridors.
I normally do not visit the airline clubs when I'm at ATL, but as I recall, they are also within the secure area, meaning you do not need to exit the secure area to enter. You mentioned the KLM Club--I'm not familiar with that one. In Concourse F, the international concourse, there is a Delta Sky Club and The Club at ATL. Both are within the secure area and are on the mezzanine level of Concourse F.

e38

PI4EVER

Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:00 pm

There is no KLM Crown Lounge in ATL. If eligible you can visit any DL SkyClub in the airport and specifically for international, the SkyClub in Concourse F is located above gate F10 and the Food Court.
There is a variety of restaurant and bar services throughout the airport including Concourses E and F which have food courts and bar services.
I recommend using the walkways as you have time for some exercise before or after a long flight.
Enjoy. Great plane spotting and due to congestion in the other concourses, the E and F concourses are way less crowded and have an open feeling and a more relaxed vibe than the others.
Safe travels and enjoy!
watch what you want. you may get it.

IAHFLYR
Topic Author

Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:38 am

Thanks much for the info all. When I mentioned the KLM Club it was my mistake, the Club at ATL is actually what I was referring to so good to know all the Delta Sky Clubs and Club at ATL are inside security. Even though I don't have a long haul flight, just a simple domestic connection I'll probably use the walkway to wander some depending on an on time arrival into ATL!! :)

Thanks again.
Any views shared are strictly my own and do not a represent those of any former employer.

evank516

Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:58 pm

Yup! You can stay sterile and access concoucrses T, A, B, C, D, E, and F via the train. I can connect in ATL blindfolded with ear plugs I've done it so much. By the way, decent chinese place in F. Good food!