Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

anyong
Topic Author

Thomas Cook Longhaul

Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:55 pm

Just booked Thomas Cook LAX-MAN. Anybody fly on their long haul before? I paid the extra $25 for an exit row window seat. Looking forward to it actually.

DobboDobbo

Re: Thomas Cook Longhaul

Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:13 pm

anyong wrote:
Just booked Thomas Cook LAX-MAN. Anybody fly on their long haul before? I paid the extra $25 for an exit row window seat. Looking forward to it actually.

I have not, a friend of mine has and I am told they are okay. The biggest difference between TCX and an average full service carrier was the IFE selection, which I'm told was poor. If you have an iPad, id take it!

Tedd

Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:14 pm

I did MAN-YVR years ago & they were excellent, an A330-200 which was quiet & comfortable
& the FA`s were attentive. Hope things haven't changed & you have an enjoyable flight.

Galwayman

Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:27 pm

I flew them Cape Town to London before Christmas and was very impressed ,much better than British Airways who I took the outward journey with(broken seats,miserable crew )

southsidesilver

Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:03 pm

I have flown them in Economy from LGW-CPT.
Very enjoyable as a couple, here is the video I made from my trip.

https://youtu.be/DTGs_3ZGPMA

All the food is what is provided for free.

Armodeen

Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:25 pm

TCX have a nice economy product these days. They refurbished their A330s a few years ago and there is basically very little difference between them and a legacy except the IFE which is noted above.

I wouldn’t hesitate to use them personally.

anyong
Topic Author

Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:48 am

Armodeen wrote:
TCX have a nice economy product these days. They refurbished their A330s a few years ago and there is basically very little difference between them and a legacy except the IFE which is noted above.

I wouldn’t hesitate to use them personally.

Not sure I would ever fly WOW but TCX seems like a decent choice--especially with an exit row seat.

smi0006

Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:37 am

DobboDobbo wrote:
anyong wrote:

I have not, a friend of mine has and I am told they are okay. The biggest difference between TCX and an average full service carrier was the IFE selection, which I'm told was poor. If you have an iPad, id take it!

Forgive what really is the difference these days between full service and charter/holiday? We don’t have them down in AU and with all the above comments I just can’t wrap my head around the difference...

User001

Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:26 am

To be honest there isn’t much of a difference in level of service between a charter operator or scheduled, apart from the fact charter probably won’t have a business class cabin. The main difference has always been that a scheduled operator is easier to get a flight only ticket compared to a charter.

There can still be an element of ‘snobbery’ surrounding charter ops but there are very few of these left in the U.K. with TUI being the main one now.

Endair2000

Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:30 am

I have flown on TCX long haul both Premium and Economy and I think there product is really good. The leg room alone in economy is fab and I am 6ft and not the slimmest out there. Funny enough I am flying MAN-LAX in a few weeks on them. Looking forward to it I must say. Have a good trip :-)

anyong
Topic Author

Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:40 pm

Endair2000 wrote:
I have flown on TCX long haul both Premium and Economy and I think there product is really good. The leg room alone in economy is fab and I am 6ft and not the slimmest out there. Funny enough I am flying MAN-LAX in a few weeks on them. Looking forward to it I must say. Have a good trip :-)

You can't beat the fare! Plus I love Manchester