tomaheath
Topic Author

Hotel search websites.

Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:44 pm

Just looking for some suggestions on witch website people use for hotel searching. I’ve used Travelocity in the past just looking for some other options.
Thanks.

PI4EVER

Re: Hotel search websites.

Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:22 am

I do use search engines such as Google, Trip Advisor, Trivago, Hotels.com and Hotwire to research but then book via the hotel website or direct by phone or email.
I do not book on 2nd or 3rd party websites as to risk of who assumes responsibility when something goes wrong with the property or accommodations booked.
I find in most cases room rates are generally comparable or less, and if you end accruing status in a hotel brand you'll usually be offered discounted rates and perks only available booked thru their own website/booking engine such as Wifi, upgrades or bed and breakfast offers.
I recently did a long distance road trip and stayed just 3 nights at 3 different La Quinta Inn's during the trip and accrued enough points with these 3 stays to earn a free night I'll definitely use this summer. I was enrolled in their Rewards program automatically with my first night stay.
watch what you want. you may get it.

tomaheath
Topic Author

Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:38 am

PI4EVER wrote:
I do use search engines such as Google, Trip Advisor, Trivago, Hotels.com and Hotwire to research but then book via the hotel website or direct by phone or email.
I do not book on 2nd or 3rd party websites as to risk of who assumes responsibility when something goes wrong with the property or accommodations booked.
I find in most cases room rates are generally comparable or less, and if you end accruing status in a hotel brand you'll usually be offered discounted rates and perks only available booked thru their own website/booking engine such as Wifi, upgrades or bed and breakfast offers.
I recently did a long distance road trip and stayed just 3 nights at 3 different La Quinta Inn's during the trip and accrued enough points with these 3 stays to earn a free night I'll definitely use this summer. I was enrolled in their Rewards program automatically with my first night stay.

Thanks for the input. I always book directly through the hotel as well.

LTU932

Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:44 am

When I booked my recent PTY trip, I booked through CM's website, which led me to a page on booking.com to make the reservation. The price was ok (120 Dollars for four nights, plus 10% sales tax) so I booked the trip and hotel but in the end, when I checked in, the lady at the front desk made me a 28 Dollar discount, so I paid 92 Dollars plus sales tax, which makes it 101,20 Dollars.
Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer. - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition 208

novak500

Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:22 am

I've been using Booking.com lately or Expedia.

VapourTrails

Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:31 am

trivago - booking.com and wotif.com. Never had any issues using them. I book the hotels through these.