Gonzalo
Topic Author

Questions about trip to Bora Bora

Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:56 am

Hello all, I hope some of you can share your experience and give me some advice.
I’m planning a trip to Bora Bora in a couple of months, the flight from SCL/IPC should be landing
at PPT around 1:30 AM local time. Here is my first problem. The flight PPT/BOB with Air Tahiti should be departing around 9:30 according to the website. So that is 8 hours waiting, and mostly at night, and I have to ask, is it safe to stay at the PPT airport all night? And is it allowed? Or are the passengers waiting for many hours obligated to leave the terminal and seek a place/hotel to stay at PPT?
Sorry but I have no clue about how friendly are the authorities at French Polinesya so I have to ask in order to avoid being out of place upon arrival.
My second question, there are no roads connecting BOB airport with the different hotels at Bora Bora, I understand you have to take a boat to transfer to the hotel. Can you book that trip before arrival? Or is not required and you can just jump out of the plane and go the boat ?

Ok, any help will be very appreciated, thanks in advance!!
Rgds.
Gonzalo
Gear Up!!: DC-3 / EMB-110 / Fairchild-227 / Ab318-19-20-21 / B732 / B763 / B789

mercure1

Re: Questions about trip to Bora Bora

Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:13 am

Yes you can certainly remain at the airport however you will be in the public area which is rather bare. I don't even believe there are any concessions open all night due lack of flight activity.
What is quite common is visitors spend one night in PPT either coming or going as you have seen inter-island services can require long connections. So I might suggest you consider doing the same.

In regard to BOB, many resorts offer their own boat shuttle, so double check with them. If so just stop by the hotel desk upon arrival. Otherwise there is also catemaran service from airport to Vaitape ferry dock that connects to some hotels. VT offers complimentary passage on most tickets I believe.

Enjoy your visit

Gonzalo
Topic Author

Re: Questions about trip to Bora Bora

Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:38 am

mercure1 wrote:
Yes you can certainly remain at the airport however you will be in the public area which is rather bare. I don't even believe there are any concessions open all night due lack of flight activity.
What is quite common is visitors spend one night in PPT either coming or going as you have seen inter-island services can require long connections. So I might suggest you consider doing the same.

In regard to BOB, many resorts offer their own boat shuttle, so double check with them. If so just stop by the hotel desk upon arrival. Otherwise there is also catemaran service from airport to Vaitape ferry dock that connects to some hotels. VT offers complimentary passage on most tickets I believe.

Enjoy your visit

Thank you very much Mercure1, I guess spending the night at one of the hotels close to PPT will be my choice. ✌️
Gear Up!!: DC-3 / EMB-110 / Fairchild-227 / Ab318-19-20-21 / B732 / B763 / B789