Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

N14AZ
Topic Author

LH-pilot: “welcome on board our new A320 NEO … MAX“

Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:39 am

I am not sure if this is the correct forum but I just wanted to share this little story with you. Well, the thread title says it all. I had my first A320NEO flight last Friday and that was the announcement made by the pilot before push-back: “welcome on board our brand new A320 NEO … MAX”
He hesitated a little bit between the words “NEO” and “MAX”. I think he quickly realized what he had said but he didn’t correct himself. It was just funny.

Has anyone else heard similar announcements by the cockpit crew?

VSMUT

Re: LH-pilot: “welcome on board our new A320 NEO … MAX“

Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:14 pm

I was on a LH flight where the pilots had a laughing fit. They tried doing the introduction during the taxi as well as several times after departure, but had to give up each time due to the laughing :D

XAM2175

Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:49 pm

Not a flight, but a transport announcement in Germany none-the-less: I was on a DB ICE from Hamburg to Berlin where the Conductor started giving the connecting trains announcement for Berlin in English, then accidentally started giving the platform numbers and departure times in German. About halfway through he realised, stopped speaking, cut the mic, then apologised in German, then started to laugh, then cut the mic again, then apologised in English while another member of the crew could be heard laughing uncontrollably in the background, cut again, and about a minute later restarted the announcement as if nothing had happened.

mikegigs

Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:40 pm

I was on a B6 flight last week and seated near the front of the cabin. The FA started making safety announcements and talked for about 30 seconds before she realized she hadn't pressed down the button fully and only the first 4 rows could hear her. She then turned to us and (jokingly) yelled at us for not letting her know she was talking to herself. She then laughed and restarted.

e38

Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:56 am

Quoting N14AZ (thread starter), “ . . . he quickly realized what he had said but didn’t correct himself.”

I don’t understand what he needed to correct.

e38

N14AZ
Topic Author

Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:17 am

VSMUT wrote:
I was on a LH flight where the pilots had a laughing fit. They tried doing the introduction during the taxi as well as several times after departure, but had to give up each time due to the laughing :D

Wow, you know, I always appreciate a joke. But a laughing fit during the preparations for take-off? I am not sure if all passengers did like this, especially passengers who are scared of flying...At least they helped to overcome the old perception that Germans have no humuor.

e38 wrote:
Quoting N14AZ (thread starter), “ . . . he quickly realized what he had said but didn’t correct himself.”

e38

??? There is no "A320 neo MAX" but I am sure you know this. But thank God he didn’t correct himself by saying something like „ooops, it’s just a simple A320 neo, not a B737 MAX. I already started to wonder where the control column is…” or similar :’))))

aeromoe

Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:06 pm

e38 wrote:

e38

Really?

DocLightning

Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:40 am

N14AZ wrote:
Wow, you know, I always appreciate a joke. But a laughing fit during the preparations for take-off? I am not sure if all passengers did like this, especially passengers who are scared of flying...At least they helped to overcome the old perception that Germans have no humuor.

Germans have a sense of humor. I've heard German belly laughs that would curl your hair.

It's just that nobody else GETS German humor. ;)

Anyway, sometimes at work when one of the medical assistants or support reps is on the phone with a patient, I will suddenly appear in her field of view making funny faces (and I'm a pediatrician, so I can make some hilarious ones). The "game" is that she has to try to keep her voice level with the patient. Although they've learned to press "mute" if they lose it.

But I agree, preparation for takeoff is a different kettle of...

...fish. :stirthepot: