Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

BritTraveller
Topic Author

BA LGW 777's

Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:18 pm

So I'm travelling to San José, Costa Rica next January on the direct Gatwick flight.

Does anybody know whether all planes will be reconfigured to the new 10 abreast configuration or only some of the LGW fleet. Contrary to most I want to be on the new fleet as i'd rather the newer IFE.

Also are the old planes equiped with USB ports? Because on Google Flights it says they are but not on other websites.

LTU932

Re: BA LGW 777's

Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:31 pm

I looked up BA 2237 on Seatguru and it shows me a four class 777-200 ER on LGW-SJO. This doesn't make sense to me because this isn't some random 777 flight out of LHR, this is a flight with an LGW based 777. Why would you need First AND Club World on a predominantly holiday destination?

Anyway, if Seatguru is right (and I don't think it is), expect 3-3-3, no AVOD (or at least not the newest IFE) and no USB power in Y on the four class bird.

debonair

Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:08 am

As always, you will find most questions answered on this webpage: http://www.thebasource.com/

reffado

Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:50 am

I don't know they were reconfiguring the LGW leisure fleet, so I can't comment on that. But I can tell you that the old jets do not have USB ports, unless I'm awful at looking for them. At least the one I flew LGW-FLL in November didn't. IFE was indeed old, but the movie selection was good, despite the tiny screen.

gabrielchew

Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:14 am

BritTraveller wrote:
So I'm travelling to San José, Costa Rica next January on the direct Gatwick flight.

Does anybody know whether all planes will be reconfigured to the new 10 abreast configuration or only some of the LGW fleet. Contrary to most I want to be on the new fleet as i'd rather the newer IFE.

Also are the old planes equiped with USB ports? Because on Google Flights it says they are but not on other websites.

Check the seat map if you have already booked to see if it's 9 or 10 across. Old planes are not equipped with USB....bring your own power bank (why wouldn't everyone anyway?).

LTU932 wrote:
I looked up BA 2237 on Seatguru and it shows me a four class 777-200 ER on LGW-SJO. This doesn't make sense to me because this isn't some random 777 flight out of LHR, this is a flight with an LGW based 777. Why would you need First AND Club World on a predominantly holiday destination?
Anyway, if Seatguru is right (and I don't think it is), expect 3-3-3, no AVOD (or at least not the newest IFE) and no USB power in Y on the four class bird.

Trust me, BA can happily fill their First and Club cabins with paying passengers on routes to the Caribbean (BGI/UVF etc). SJO probably not. I did the route in early December Club was half full both ways, but that's fairly low season. All BA widebody aircraft have AVOD, just not all have the newest system.

Arion640

Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:18 pm

I think the first 10 abreast 777 is due in the Spring, not a million miles away.

I don't think they're going to be introduced that quickly so chances of getting on one in the near future are less than they are more.

Current aircraft don't have power ports but I think the new 10Y config will have new Panasonic IFE and power.