Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

ual747den
Topic Author

Vote for the voice of DEN

Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:15 am

The train that serves the terminal and concourses at Denver International Airport (DEN) has been a notable part of the passenger journey since the airport’s opening in 1995. It’s called the DEN Train Call and both local broadcasters and well-known public figures have provided instructions and announcements on these automated trains for many years. But now it’s time to refresh those voices, and they need your help picking who that will be!

You can go to this website to listen to the auditions and cast your vote for the new voice of DEN!

http://contests.flydenver.com/DENvoice/

Go check it out and cast your vote!

intotheair

Re: Vote for the voice of DEN

Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:06 am

I still haven't voted yet. I'm having trouble deciding.

For the male voice, I think I like Jeremy Hubbard the best, even though he's relatively the least known. He has a pleasant voice and oddly enough, he probably has the closest to that great old west cadence that Pete Smythe had. I wish Ernie Bjorkman had made the cut.

For the female voice, I keep going back and forth between Anne Trujillo, Kim Christiansen, and Kathy Walsh.

Whatever they do, I hope they don't go with Alan Roach. I couldn't stand his voice at the airport from day one, and I still feel that way. His voice is fine for a stadium, but it's absolutely out of place at an airport. I think his anger over possibly being replaced is in really poor form too.

Also, I hope they refresh the chimes. The original chimes with Smythe and Reynelda Muse were perfect. I really don't like the random piano banging and guitar riffs that came with Roach and Adele Arakawa.

Wednesdayite

Re: Vote for the voice of DEN

Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:20 am

Big Mike Nelson fan here.

He used to devote time to fundraising events for my wife’s old museum.

Great guy.

And he actually knows his weather onions too.