evank516
Topic Author

Last Row of First Class on DL: Any Inconveniences?

Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:53 pm

Hi All:

I've just booked my birthday trip to EYW this coming summer. I know it's early, but I just upgraded to the Platinum SkyMiles AMEX card and wanted to make sure that $100 statement credit went to my EYW trip, so I booked early. I'll change it if need be later on. Anyway, I had the miles to do an upgrade to first class for this trip on all legs, but the seat I prefer was already booked up, so I chose another. However, I prefer to be on a certain side of the aircraft, and I could have selected 3A instead of 2A, but on this aircraft type (737-700) 3A is in the last row of first class. I was wondering if there were any inconveniences associated with sitting in the last row of the cabin such as my seat back being tied to the first Delta Comfort+ row behind me? I heard there may be limited or no recline, but I never recline my seat anyway. I checked seatguru and didn't see anything about the seat in general, but I thought I'd turn to my fellow a.netters for other input. Doesn't matter if you haven't flown on DL's 737-700s, but any time you sat in the last row of First Class in recent times will help. Thanks guys!

deltaguy767

Re: Last Row of First Class on DL: Any Inconveniences?

Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:04 pm

For a domestic flight, not really much of a difference in terms of seating position in F. Only potential issue is if there is a meal being served, the F/As generally go front to back when selecting orders so there is a possibility of your preferred choice running out by the time they get to you. Enjoy your trip and time in F!
A Good Landing is one you walk away from! Any comments made on this board are my own and do not reflect the opinions or actions of my employer.

PI4EVER

Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:13 pm

I flew the 737-700 when there was a bulkhead panel at row 3 and there was recline and little noise or activity from the first row of Y.
I did fly the 737-900 and sat in both the last row of F and the first row of Y on separate flights, and while there is now a blue leather curtain divider it does not restrict seat recline in the last row and passengers in the first row of Y or Economy Comfort have good legroom and cannot see thru the curtain obviously. There is underseat storage using the space of the 2 first class seats.
Curtain or bulkhead divider you'll have recline in row 3 and will not be distracted by the goings on in the first row of Y unless a kid is there and thumps your seat.
watch what you want. you may get it.

evank516
Topic Author

Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:22 pm

deltaguy767 wrote:
For a domestic flight, not really much of a difference in terms of seating position in F. Only potential issue is if there is a meal being served, the F/As generally go front to back when selecting orders so there is a possibility of your preferred choice running out by the time they get to you. Enjoy your trip and time in F!

No meal on this flight. It's EYW-ATL so it doesn't qualify for meal services. Guess the only difference between 2D and 3A is what you'll see out the window.