Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

shubham333
Topic Author

Advice

Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:05 pm

Hello everyone!
I am Shubham age 21,currently working in a tour company. It's my dream to open my own airline in future.So kindly suggest or advice me,how can i made it possible.Your suggestions is very useful.Kindly Advice!!

FlyRow

Re: Advice

Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:54 pm

use the search bar in this website. Tons of people have asked this question. Simpel answer: Don't.

IPFreely

Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:55 pm

Have you done an analysis on the costs and returns of buying an existing airline vs. starting a brand new airline? I would suggest you consider buying an existing airline.

PI4EVER

Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:34 pm

Shubham, I would recommend you pursue finding a job with an airline. You mentioned you worked with a tour company so your experience there may be a consideration for employment in a position that also takes into account your education and interests.
Be exposed to the real everyday operational situation with an airline first hand before you consider an investment in such an challenging and competitive customer-focused business.
It is easy to imagine yourself at the helm of a dynamic airline, but beyond money considerations, what are your qualifications to convince investors and governmental agencies you have the full operational plan and financial backing to pursue such an endeavor?
I'm not trying to crush your dreams, but have you look at and work in the industry and environment thoroughly.
You can lose a fortune (if you have one) quickly, which is not an acceptable result for yourself or your investors.

PatrickZ80

Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:26 pm

I suggest you read these two threads:

viewtopic.php?t=1350365

viewtopic.php?t=1377971

If after reading those you still want to start your own airline, be my guest. However I can't give you any more advice than I've already given you.

shubham333
Topic Author

Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:46 pm

Guys,i know starting a new airline will be a blunt idea.What i am planning is after completion of my masters in Travel and tourism concentration in Aviation.I will target small airlines to get into and thereafter if everything goes well i will try to get some powerful position in an organisation.Which can help me to create some influence on airline.

Please comment and suggest about my idea..

studentdrbev

Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:00 am

So, lets assume you were able to get approval from your country's government.
First, try to collaborate with people who are like minded for the business.
Second, choose a relatively minor airport as your hub. Get the airport privatized and make sure you can own the major share. That way u can avoid paying taxes and parking fee. Build a major hub that can rival other hubs ASAP.
Third, pursue hub and spoke model, at least in the begnning.
Fourth, always be a legacy carrier. The reason why certain airlines like SQ and recently PR can flourish is because of their coustomer service and hospitality. Follow the same path.
Fifth, lure passengers with dirt cheap fares for, lets say, a month. Give them the taste of your hospitality. Make the fare $1 round trip even if you have to. True you are going to incure losses, but gaining people is the main motive

Its going to be really hard to start from scratch. Good luck :)

hoons90

Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:34 am

I will echo what others have said here, and with all due respect: Don't.

If you can even acquire the necessary capital (which would most certainly be insurmountable for someone that is not a multi-billionaire or doesn't have any connections to one), you can bet that all the other existing airlines in the same market will have the resources to outcompete you. Banks know this too, and they won't accept any business proposals from anyone without a proven track record of running large and successful corporations.

Even opening a restaurant is a daunting endeavour, let alone a major airline company.

PatrickZ80

Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:54 pm

studentdrbev wrote:
So, lets assume you were able to get approval from your country's government.
First, try to collaborate with people who are like minded for the business.
Second, choose a relatively minor airport as your hub. Get the airport privatized and make sure you can own the major share. That way u can avoid paying taxes and parking fee. Build a major hub that can rival other hubs ASAP.
Third, pursue hub and spoke model, at least in the begnning.
Fourth, always be a legacy carrier. The reason why certain airlines like SQ and recently PR can flourish is because of their coustomer service and hospitality. Follow the same path.
Fifth, lure passengers with dirt cheap fares for, lets say, a month. Give them the taste of your hospitality. Make the fare $1 round trip even if you have to. True you are going to incure losses, but gaining people is the main motive

Its going to be really hard to start from scratch. Good luck :)

I do not agree with all of that. Sure it worked out for some airlines, but it can just as well fail and another approach can just as well work.

For example, your advice to always be a legacy carrier. Did you take into consideration legacy carriers got far higher costs than LCCs? Service and hospitality costs money. Did you consider the fact that some of the most profitable and fastest growing airlines in the world ar LCCs? Take Ryanair for example, growing extremely fast and makes huge profits. No legacy airline can beat that.

shubham333
Topic Author

Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:19 am

Guys,i know starting a new airline will be a blunt idea.What i am planning is after completion of my masters in Travel and tourism concentration in Aviation.I will target small airlines to get into and thereafter if everything goes well i will try to get some powerful position in an organisation.Which can help me to create some influence on airline.

Please comment and suggest about my idea..