United Airline
Topic Author
Posts: 8925
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2001 5:24 pm

Qantas's A380/B747 flights

Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:25 am

SYD-HKG-SYD is no longer an A380.

Where does QF fly its A380s to? LAX-MEL, LAX-SYD, SYD-SIN-LHR..... Where else?

Which are the remaining B 747-400 flights?
 
smi0006
Posts: 1789
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:45 am

Re: Qantas's A380/B747 flights

Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:47 am

380s - MEL-SIN, SYD-DFW seasonal SYD-HKG

744: SYD- LAX,JNB,SCL,HND,NRT BNE-LAX-JFK (but soon to change) MEL-SIN (also soon to change
 
FromCDGtoSYD
Posts: 220
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:29 am

Re: Qantas's A380/B747 flights

Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:52 am

smi0006 wrote:
380s - MEL-SIN, SYD-DFW seasonal SYD-HKG

744: SYD- LAX,JNB,SCL,HND,NRT BNE-LAX-JFK (but soon to change) MEL-SIN (also soon to change


And seasonal YVR for the 744
 
kimshep
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:13 am

Re: Qantas's A380/B747 flights

Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:10 am

Current A380 and B747-438 are 'in flux' right now as QF

a) transitions away from DXB and re-routes through SIN to LHR and
b) introduces the new B787-9 route(s) LAX-MEL-PER-LHR-PER-MEL-LAX

QF A380-800

SYD-HKG-SYD is a 'seasonal' A380 route. Due to return to HKG shortly.
SYD-DXB-LHR and vv is still current but is replaced by SYD-SIN-LHR in March 2018
SYD-LAX-SYD is current.
SYD-DFW-SYD is current
MEL-LAX-MEL is current.
MEL-SIN-MEL is a new route late March.
Additionally, for the next 12 months, one (1) frame on average will spend a month in Maintenance for Refit (F,J,W,Y upgrade) and repaint (QF anniversary).

B747-438/ER

SYD-JNB-SYD is current
SYD-SCL-SYD is current
SYD-SFO-SYD is current
SYD-YVR-SYD is current / seasonal
SYD-HND-SYD is current
(SYD-HKG-SYD is current for the next few weeks)
(SYD-SIN-SYD is current for the next few weeks)
BNE-LAX-JFK-LAX-BNE is current
BNE-NRT-BNE is current
Last edited by kimshep on Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Posts: 6105
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Qantas's A380/B747 flights

Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:20 am

kimshep wrote:
.
Additionally, for the next 12 months, one (1) frame on average will spend a month in Maintenance for Refit (F,J,W,Y upgrade) and repaint (QF anniversary).


Repaints are only being done this year. Refurbs don't start until 2019

B747-438/ER

SYD-JNB-SYD is current
SYD-SCL-SYD is current
SYD-SFO-SYD is current
SYD-YVR-SYD is current / seasonal
BNE-LAX-JFK-LAX-BNE is current
BNE-NRT-BNE is current


BNE-NRT is operated by A333 not 744
SYD-HND is operated by 744
SYD-HKG is operated most of the year with the 744 except seasonal upgrade to A388
Forum Moderator
 
An767
Posts: 217
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:21 am

Re: Qantas's A380/B747 flights

Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:21 am

[quote="kimshep"]Current A380 and B747-438 are 'in flux' right now as QF

a) transitions away from DXB and re-routes through SIN to LHR and
b) introduces the new B787-9 route(s) LAX-MEL-PER-LHR-PER-MEL-LAX

QF A380-800

SYD-HKG-SYD is a 'seasonal' A380 route. Due to return to HKG shortly.
SYD-DXB-LHR and vv is still current but is replaced by SYD-SIN-LHR in March 2018
SYD-LAX-SYD is current.
SYD-DFW-SYD is current
MEL-LAX-MEL is current.
MEL-SIN-MEL is a new route late March.
Additionally, for the next 12 months, one (1) frame on average will spend a month in Maintenance for Refit (F,J,W,Y upgrade) and repaint (QF anniversary).

B747-438/ER

SYD-JNB-SYD is current
SYD-SCL-SYD is current
SYD-SFO-SYD is current
SYD-YVR-SYD is current / seasonal
BNE-LAX-JFK-LAX-BNE is current
BNE-NRT-BNE is current[/quote

I think you mean SYD-NRT-SYD for the above 747
As the BNE-NRT-BNE is a 330

AN767
Last edited by An767 on Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
If its got wings put me on it. If it floats on water take it away
 
grjplanes
Posts: 147
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:52 am

Re: Qantas's A380/B747 flights

Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:29 am

Is SYD-JNB back to daily flights again...or when will it be?
 
kimshep
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:13 am

Re: Qantas's A380/B747 flights

Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:30 am

@QF789 and AN767 - thanks guys. Inadvertently flagged BNE-NRT-BNE as B747-438 .. instead of SYD-NRT-SYD. Fat-Finger Syndrome .. apologies.
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Posts: 6105
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Qantas's A380/B747 flights

Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:41 am

grjplanes wrote:
Is SYD-JNB back to daily flights again...or when will it be?


Its normally operated at 6 weekly year round except for Dec-Jan when it operates daily. This year they will also run daily for a 2-3 weeks in July
Forum Moderator
 
User avatar
XAM2175
Posts: 981
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:25 pm

Re: Qantas's A380/B747 flights

Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:49 am

kimshep wrote:
Current A380 and B747-438 are 'in flux' right now as QF

...

B747-438/ER


What about the B747-48E?
 
ZK-NBT
Posts: 6167
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2000 5:42 pm

Re: Qantas's A380/B747 flights

Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:49 am

XAM2175 wrote:
kimshep wrote:
Current A380 and B747-438 are 'in flux' right now as QF

...

B747-438/ER


What about the B747-48E?


It appears mainly in JNB/SCL/HND but does show up on other 744 routes. Shouldn’t be to much longer for that one.
 
mozart
Posts: 2135
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2003 12:21 am

Re: Qantas's A380/B747 flights

Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:54 am

Will JFK-LAX remain a 744?


Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk Pro
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Posts: 6105
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Qantas's A380/B747 flights

Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:55 am

mozart wrote:
Will JFK-LAX remain a 744?


Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk Pro


No, from 1 September it will be operated by a 789
Forum Moderator
 
User avatar
vhqpa
Posts: 1453
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:21 pm

Re: Qantas's A380/B747 flights

Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:38 am

Does QF fly SYD-NRT? I thought only BNE/MEL have flights to NRT (both A330), and SYD only has the HND flight?
"There you go ladies and gentleman we're through Mach 1 the speed of sound no bumps no bangs... CONCORDE"
 
User avatar
XAM2175
Posts: 981
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:25 pm

Re: Qantas's A380/B747 flights

Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:18 pm

ZK-NBT wrote:
It appears mainly in JNB/SCL/HND but does show up on other 744 routes. Shouldn’t be to much longer for that one.


Sorry mate, it was a joke ;) Kimshep's not the first poster to assume the entire QF fleet of 744s are all -438s, ER or not.

It was even more eyebrow-raising in the brief period of time that QF simultaneously operated
NLH: B747-436
OEB: B747-48E
OEC - OED: B747-4H6
OEE - OEJ: B747-438ER
OJA - OJU: B747-438
 
kimshep
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:13 am

Re: Qantas's A380/B747 flights

Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:03 am

XAM2175 wrote:
Sorry mate, it was a joke ;) Kimshep's not the first poster to assume the entire QF fleet of 744s are all -438s, ER or not.


You might want to re-think' that remark XAM2175..

I am perfectly aware that QF's B747 fleet consists of a mixture of ER and non-ER variants. In fact, I've flown most of them.
If you looked at my original post the two category headings are clearly labelled A380-800 and B747-438/ER. Apology accepted - in advance. :roll:
 
User avatar
XAM2175
Posts: 981
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:25 pm

Re: Qantas's A380/B747 flights

Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:24 am

kimshep wrote:
I am perfectly aware that QF's B747 fleet consists of a mixture of ER and non-ER variants. In fact, I've flown most of them.
If you looked at my original post the two category headings are clearly labelled A380-800 and B747-438/ER. :


I too am perfectly aware that QF's B747 fleet consists of a mixture of ER and non-ER variants.
If you looked at my original post the question is clearly as to the operation of QF's B747-48E.

Apology accepted - in advance. :roll:
 
User avatar
RyanairGuru
Posts: 7278
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:59 am

Re: Qantas's A380/B747 flights

Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:31 am

kimshep wrote:
XAM2175 wrote:
Sorry mate, it was a joke ;) Kimshep's not the first poster to assume the entire QF fleet of 744s are all -438s, ER or not.


You might want to re-think' that remark XAM2175..

I am perfectly aware that QF's B747 fleet consists of a mixture of ER and non-ER variants. In fact, I've flown most of them.
If you looked at my original post the two category headings are clearly labelled A380-800 and B747-438/ER. Apology accepted - in advance. :roll:


Your original post IS inaccurate, so no need to have a go at XAM2175. He very correctly pointed out that you assumed that all Qantas 747s are 438s when that is not true, ER or non-ER. By trying to show how smart you were you just dig yourself a massive hole. Had you simply said 400/ER instead of 438/ER then no one would have batted an eyelid. As it is you should be aware that Qantas have non-38 747s, afterall you were desperate to impress us with your knowledge.
Worked Hard, Flew Right
 
kimshep
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:13 am

Re: Qantas's A380/B747 flights

Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:07 am

1. XAM2175's question regarding the only remaining B747-48E (ex-Asiana, now VH-OEB) was answered immediately and correctly by ZK-NBT .. within <60 seconds of posting. I didn't feel the need to 'add' to what had been previously answered and which XAM2175 revealed as a 'joke'.
2. I am not "desperate to impress anyone with my knowledge" - least of all, you, my friend.
3. This is a discussion forum - and I simply sought to help and address the OP's question - which was about frames and routes, not individual rego's.
4. Your attitude strikes me 'typical' of some posters on this site. A little too 'clubby', perhaps? That doesn't encourage site participation from members.
5. In your apparent didactic crusade, perhaps you'll enlighten us mere mortals why you've not seen fit to correct the OP's original statement regarding QF's A380's flying SYD-SIN-LHR? As I'm sure you know, they currently don't. That happens late March. Or SMI0006's omission of the current SYD-DXB-LHR route?
 
User avatar
XAM2175
Posts: 981
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:25 pm

Re: Qantas's A380/B747 flights

Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:11 pm

kimshep wrote:
1. XAM2175's question regarding the only remaining B747-48E (ex-Asiana, now VH-OEB) was answered immediately and correctly by ZK-NBT .. within <60 seconds of posting. I didn't feel the need to 'add' to what had been previously answered and which XAM2175 revealed as a 'joke'.


Nor did you feel the need to acknowledge you'd made a mistake characterising the whole fleet as being 747-438s, yet you expect me to "re-think" and apologise for my remark noting it and chastise me for not reading you post... when you had in fact managed to totally miss the point of mine.

Also your use of "only remaining" suggests that there were previously more, which is not the case. VH-OEC and OED were 747-4H6s ex-MH.

kimshep wrote:
3. This is a discussion forum - and I simply sought to help and address the OP's question - which was about frames and routes, not individual rego's.


You were the one who brought that level of precision into the discussion in the first place.

Also your use of the apostrophe to pluralise "regos" is incorrect.
 
kimshep
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:13 am

Re: Qantas's A380/B747 flights

Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:32 am

XAM2175 wrote:
and chastise me for not reading you post... when you had in fact managed to totally miss the point of mine.

Also your use of the apostrophe to pluralise "regos" is incorrect.


.. kind of like your poor use of incorrect propositions, I guess? Congratulations on accuracy, bud.

Miss the point? Perhaps, it was just ignored.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MHG and 12 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos