Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Cunard
Topic Author

The Worlds Most Luxurious Airline TV Program on Channel Five

Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:57 am

For anyone who is interested airing on Monday 11 February on the British TV station Channel Five an episode called The Worlds Most Luxurious Airline is being shown at 8 pm GMT.

From the trailers it looks as if it's going to be worth watching.

ajs123uk

Re: The Worlds Most Luxurious Airline TV Program on Channel Five

Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:54 am

It’s on Channel 4 ;)

Cunard
Topic Author

Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:39 am

Thanks for the correction I've just seen a trailer for it on Channel Four and I was just going to correct it :-)

readytotaxi

Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:41 pm

And the airline is ?

OA260

Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:42 pm

readytotaxi wrote:
And the airline is ?

''While leading airlines battle it out for the number one spot as the world’s most luxurious flyer, this documentary reveals the exacting standards first-class passengers expect when wining and dining in the skies – with Michelin-style food, limitless champagne, and a deluxe first-class suite for the super wealthy – some of it built in South Wales.

With exclusive access to Singapore Airlines, this film reveals the lengths the airline goes to building a first-class suite for the super wealthy, spending $850m over the course of four years.''

http://www.bradfordzone.co.uk/the-world ... ary-900pm/

Cunard
Topic Author

Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:50 am

Although I found the program interesting to watch and I envied the very enthusiastic 20yo Aviation Analyst on his fantastic travels but I couldn't help get the feeling that it was just an overinflated advertisement for Singapore Airlines.

I was actually looking forward to the program being about all of the top players such as the ME3 and giving viewers a comparison of what airlines are offering in First Class rather than just about the new suites for Singapore Airlines.

But for anyone who hasn't viewed the program I do recommend it :-)

sk736

Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:44 am

I watched it too. It was mildly interesting but not as good as I thought it might have been.

theobcman

Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:10 am

Watched the programme & as good as the new SQ suites looked I still think they don't have anything over EY Apartment or new EK suites ! The moving chair kind of looked a bit upright and square rather than a lounging chair. Pull down bed ?!?

Obviously wouldn't say no for a try though !!

AirbusA6

Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:53 am

As a programme aimed at a wider audience, I thought it was decent enough. I can't say I was overwhelmed by the suits to be honest.

The section on how they choose and train the cabin crew was an eye opener, it's interesting to contrast what's acceptable in Asia with what is acceptable in the West.

OA260

Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:04 pm

AirbusA6 wrote:

The section on how they choose and train the cabin crew was an eye opener, it's interesting to contrast what's acceptable in Asia with what is acceptable in the West.

Indeed the bit about fitting into your uniform after having a baby would not ''fly'' at BA for example ! I enjoyed the actual footage of the onboard product but could have done without the ''celebrities'' . Glad they left in the critical points made about the product by the older English couple though. Just shows not one product fits all and they clearly thought EY were better.

ChrisKen

Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:18 pm

OA260 wrote:
AirbusA6 wrote:
Glad they left in the critical points made about the product by the older English couple though. Just shows not one product fits all and they clearly thought EY were better.

My reading of those two is that their grumpiness was ultimately just down to not being able to be seated in a "double suite" together. That perceived slight then caused them to nit pick at everything, whether it was warranted or not.