Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

aa87
Topic Author

Emirates at FLL

Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:41 am

Unrelated to my water vapor incident (see below), I've flown to FLL almost every year for at least 40 years. But wasn't there in 2017. Today I was leaving FLL and saw that Emirates is now flying in. And I happened to be in Terminal 4 when it arrived. Seeing an Emirates 777 at FLL is now my no. 1 on the list of "Never ever thought I'd see [X] at [airport]". Until today, my No. 1 and 2 were a Royal Jordanian 787 and Cathay A350 both at TLV. Amazing and awesome to see Emirates at FLL. I think Westbound must be close to 15-16 hours, if any pax were going to Miami, trip on 95 South would be 50% of their total travel time ...

paullam

Re: Emirates at FLL

Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:50 am

What’s the actual point of this thread? It’s nothing new that EK flies to FLL.

bgm

Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:49 pm

paullam wrote:

+1

What is the point of this thread? EK has been flying to FLL for a while now. RJ has twice daily flights to TLV for years. Unsure about Cathay.

Have you been living under a rock? ;)

aa87
Topic Author

Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:34 pm

I just thought seeing an Emirates 777 at FLL was really cool and I wasn't aware they'd started service. Like most of this board, pointless diversion. Thanks for the pointless replies to my pointless thread ... :lol:

Stephenhawking

Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:57 pm

The alliance of seven emirates was built up in 1971 and holds monstrous oil and gaseous petrol saves, and the initiative spent a significant part of the income from these endeavors on enhancing framework and offerings for guests. Thus, the United Arab Emirates is one of the simplest and most wonderful spots to movement around and there are flights to UAE from everywhere throughout the world. Do my Essay

F27500

Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:13 pm

You all stop bullying this ^^ poor man. Sheesh!! ;)

N62NA

Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:27 pm

paullam wrote:

The point of the thread is that an aviation enthusiast saw an EK 777 at FLL and he was very excited to see it and he wanted to share his excitement with fellow aviation enthusiasts.

Any other questions?

TonyBurr

Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:38 pm

bgm wrote:
paullam wrote:

+1

What is the point of this thread? EK has been flying to FLL for a while now. RJ has twice daily flights to TLV for years. Unsure about Cathay.

Have you been living under a rock? ;)

The OP offered a POSITIVE comment, sharing some joy. You guys had to be so cynical and negative. What is wrong with you?

aa87
Topic Author

Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:52 pm

N62NA wrote:
paullam wrote:

The point of the thread is that an aviation enthusiast saw an EK 777 at FLL and he was very excited to see it and he wanted to share his excitement with fellow aviation enthusiasts.

Any other questions?

Thank you ! I thought the sole purpose of this particular sub-board is for av geeks like us to waste time w pointless banter? And in my defense, I'm old enough to remember when "exotic" at FLL included AA 727s from DFW and ORD.

BTW I also noticed BA is now finally at FLL too, so cool ... maybe now they can invest in an actual walking path to the car rental center and save everyone in Terms 2-4 about 30 min or more waiting for shuttles that then spend another 15 min going 1/10 of a mile. I could more enjoyably waste that time here.

N62NA

Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:01 pm

aa87 wrote:
N62NA wrote:
paullam wrote:

Any other questions?

Thank you ! I thought the sole purpose of this particular sub-board is for av geeks like us to waste time w pointless banter? And in my defense, I'm old enough to remember when "exotic" at FLL included AA 727s from DFW and ORD.

BTW I also noticed BA is now finally at FLL too, so cool ... maybe now they can invest in an actual walking path to the car rental center and save everyone in Terms 2-4 about 30 min or more waiting for shuttles that then spend another 15 min going 1/10 of a mile. I could more enjoyably waste that time here.

Well some people here are too serious! :-) Every so often they just need to be called out on their mean-spirited conduct.

Yes, FLL is quite an interesting place these days!

flymia

Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:28 pm

The past few years FLL has become a real gateway for Southeast Florida with Europe, South America and Middle East long haul non-stop flights. Its nice to see.

I was by the EK flight a little more than a week ago checking out the departure area as the E and F concourses are packed for my JetBlue flight to LGB and it was an interesting mix of passengers. It certainly has a nice atmosphere of a long haul flight leaving. Concourse G is setting up nicely. If they could only do something about how small and crowded E and F are.

Used to fly 80% of my flights out of MIA, but these days I am flying more out of FLL.

KFLLCFII

Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:53 am

aa87 wrote:
maybe now they can invest in an actual walking path to the car rental center and save everyone in Terms 2-4 about 30 min or more waiting for shuttles that then spend another 15 min going 1/10 of a mile. I could more enjoyably waste that time here.

Huh? From 2-4, you can already walk right through the Palm/Hibiscus garages to the rental car center inside the Cypress garage.

United_fan

Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:59 pm

Seeing EK was the highlight of last years' trip. That ,Norweigian and Air Transat A310.

dfwjim1

Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:53 pm

FLL is considered the "secondary" metro airport in South Florida but it has more flights to more destinations than most primary metro airports in the United States.

zoraya

Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:08 am

flymia

Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:41 pm

zoraya wrote:

What is your point of brining up a thread that was two-months old to say what is the point of this thread?