Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

denminn
Topic Author

A Petition on the Future of Eastern Airlines

Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:16 pm

A few weeks ago, I posted asking people to sign a petition concerning Eastern Airlines. A number of people responded thinking I was simply holding on to nostalgia. I would be lying if I said that had no role, but the answer is more complex than trying to revive an old airline.

I thought about that. It does seem a little odd to fall in love with an airline brand, especially one that had its heyday 40 years ago. Airlines come and go all the time.

But I feel that I did this because I didn't think Eastern 2.0 was given a chance to prove itself. It's owners seemed more interested in getting rid of it than trying to make a go of things. The naysayers believe Swift will do what it wants and some have gone as far to say, they will get rid of the Eastern livery. (Swift still has two planes with the Eastern livery).

But we can't see the future. Yes, this petition drive could fail, but there is a chance that it could succeed. I don't want to just give up because people think it won't work.

I think it can happen. I think Swift could listen to the public and find some way to keep Eastern going. If it fails, it fails, but at least I would have tried- which is a lot better than sitting on my keister and playing it safe.

Is it foolish? Yes, but sometimes working for the foolish things can be worth it.

So now that I've said that, please consider taking a risk and sign this petition. It might make a difference and keep the Eastern name in the air.

Below is the link to the petition. Please read it and the articles included to understand the situation. Thanks in advance for signing.

https://www.gopetition.com/petitions/keep-the-eastern-airline-brand-in-the-air.html