Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

jporterfi
Topic Author

Potential Oversell Situation on Frontier

Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:44 pm

I'm booked on F9 1978 and 1148, traveling SJC-LAS-IAD on 12/22. I've been checking Frontier's website for the past few days, and discovered that my SJC-LAS flight is probably overbooked (due to not being able to buy any more tickets on it). As of today, the LAS-IAD flight has one ticket left (although I'm not sure if that means one ticket at the current price, or one ticket overall).

Based on that, I think the chances of one or both flights being overbooked are high, and I'm planning to volunteer to be bumped when I get to the gate at SJC. Although I've done numerous bumps on WN, I've never done one on F9. Is there a standard starting amount for VDB compensation? I'm also somewhat concerned about alternate flights. I believe my two flights are the only flights of the day on those routes, and although I have the flexibility to fly out of SFO and/or into DCA if necessary, I'm not sure if that opens up many more options for getting out that same day. What does F9 usually do in these situations? Is there any chance that they would book me onto a different airline if they needed my seat (due to their lack of additional flight options)?