Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

csturdiv
Topic Author

DFW American Eagle terminal

Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:36 pm

At DFW, what terminal does American Eagle operate out of? Next month I am connecting through DFW on my journey to EVV for Christmas. Once I clear customs and recheck, I'll have a few hours. My Qantas app is showing that I arrive at Terminal D and for my connecting flight later in the day, the app is showing terminal 0, which I cannot find on the DFW website map. Not worried about timing to get there as I have plenty of time, I am more worried about planning ahead for food and what my first taste of American food will be. Would it be Terminal B?

alggag

Re: DFW American Eagle terminal

Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:02 am

Terminal B.

We did the terminal D to B transfer with immigration and recheck a few weeks ago and it's fairly easy.

e38

Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:44 am

I was at DFW recently and American Eagle was also using Terminal E, Gates E-35, E-36, E-37, and E-38 (former US Airways gates). In addition, some American Eagle flights that arrived from international destinations at Terminal D departed to domestic destinations from Terminal D as well. So . . . I have seen American Eagle operations from Terminals B, D, and E.

Terminal 0 is not a terminal at DFW; it is simply a “placeholder” to indicate the correct terminal is not known at the present time.

e38

csturdiv
Topic Author

Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:01 am

Thanks, I do think it is B, I looked up my flight on FlightAware and previous flights have been out of B. I'll plan my first US meal since March accordingly to what's in B.

Cubsrule

Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:55 pm

With the train and assuming you wind up with 2+ hours, you can safely plan to eat just about anywhere in the airport. Eating in A, for instance, would only add about 10 minutes to a D to B transfer.

csturdiv
Topic Author

Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:26 am

Cubsrule wrote:
With the train and assuming you wind up with 2+ hours, you can safely plan to eat just about anywhere in the airport. Eating in A, for instance, would only add about 10 minutes to a D to B transfer.

I'll have about 5 hours between flights. If it is walkable between terminals, I might do that. After a 15 hour flight it will be nice to stretch my legs and try to stay awake. And I think my first dining will be one of the BBQ places since Aussies just do not do BBQ quite right. BBQ is not like horseshoes, you cannot get close and be OK, it has to be right.

CalTex

Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:29 pm

csturdiv wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:

I'll have about 5 hours between flights. If it is walkable between terminals, I might do that. After a 15 hour flight it will be nice to stretch my legs and try to stay awake. And I think my first dining will be one of the BBQ places since Aussies just do not do BBQ quite right. BBQ is not like horseshoes, you cannot get close and be OK, it has to be right.

All the terminals are connected airside, and the walk is plenty long if you're looking for leg stretching - if I remember correctly, it's about ten minutes from terminal to terminal, and ten minutes to walk all the way across one terminal.

Looking at the list of available barbecue restaurants in the airport, I'd lean towards Salt Lick in Terminal A. If you're feeling adventurous, you could also hop in a taxi or Uber and head over to Hard Eight BBQ in Coppell about 15 minutes away.

dfwjim1

Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:46 pm

CalTex wrote:
csturdiv wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:

All the terminals are connected airside, and the walk is plenty long if you're looking for leg stretching - if I remember correctly, it's about ten minutes from terminal to terminal, and ten minutes to walk all the way across one terminal.

Looking at the list of available barbecue restaurants in the airport, I'd lean towards Salt Lick in Terminal A. If you're feeling adventurous, you could also hop in a taxi or Uber and head over to Hard Eight BBQ in Coppell about 15 minutes away.

I like the Hard 8 BBQ idea and with 5 hours between flights the OP should have plenty of time to enjoy a nice Texas BBQ lunch/dinner and see a small part of the DFW area. I have eaten at Hard 8 a number of times and it is great! At least take Urber on the way back as it might be hard to get a taxi to come by the restaurant.

CarlosSi

Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:32 am

Some say Salt Lick is pretty greasy and salty, some might call it overrated, as a fair warning, but I like it.

csturdiv
Topic Author

Re: DFW America iin Eagle terminal

Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:04 am

CarlosSi wrote:
Some say Salt Lick is pretty greasy and salty, some might call it overrated, as a fair warning, but I like it.

Salty, greasy, overrated...now you're talking!!!