Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

adorelerock
Topic Author

Are there more carriers with a solid C product in SA aircrafts(A321eg.)?

Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:33 pm

Hello,

since a few years i am hoping for LH to have a A321neo sub fleet with some proper business seats, because FRA-TLV in SA is one thing but yout can't sell a c ticket TLV-FRA-JFK if the first 5 hours you have a 31" ptich slimline-seat.

So as in the US we could watch the US3 and small others to put again more focus on service. Proper premium product on trans-con becomes the standard.
Maybe BA? just read they want to become more premium again i hope they copy and have some SA for the long thin routes with C.

I am not talking about C in every SA aircraft. But as a premium carrier to have a sub fleet for those very long SA flights. I thin that could actually open up some new routes between europe and africa. Some expensive C tickets can pay a lot of the trip costs ;)

FlyRow

Re: Are there more carriers with a solid C product in SA aircrafts(A321eg.)?

Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:40 pm

With SA I think you mean Single Aisle? I think the term NB (narrow body) is more common.

BA already has a fleet of seven? A321 with full flat business class and IFE in Y. They use them for Tel Aviv/Beirut/Moscow and the likes. However they can be substitued by a regular a321 if you are unlucky.

TK has a proper business class I believe, as do Aeroflot on (some of) their NB's.

Andy33

Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:54 pm

FlyRow wrote:
BA already has a fleet of seven? A321 with full flat business class and IFE in Y. They use them for Tel Aviv/Beirut/Moscow and the likes. However they can be substitued by a regular a321 if you are unlucky.

A declining fleet. Once there were 7, now there are 5, the other two were converted to shorthaul configuration. All likely to be converted by 2020.
At the moment BA are operating their twice daily LHR-TLV services with 777s, so definitely a proper business class, the third rotation that appears in the summer timetable is still showing as an A321 at the moment.

adorelerock
Topic Author

Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:22 pm

FlyRow wrote:
With SA I think you mean Single Aisle? I think the term NB (narrow body) is more common.

TK has a proper business class I believe, as do Aeroflot on (some of) their NB's.

Nice to hear, exactly something like this. With a decent businees product in a NB i think on a lot of routes you can compete against B787 A350 and all the latest WB. LH just stopped DOH service. So the only way to get to DOH atm is with QR or a stop somewhere which is almost doubling trip time. The WB were to much of an airline. A NB with lets say 20-24 C seats and 168 should not be to difficult to fill and at least dont loose money and defending some market share!

Other possibilities are just to go for a second frequency to get the banks connected

I just saw that Teheran is serviced by a 747 :shock:

Last time i flew TK they did not have a proper C product FRA-IST however the RT was on a WB so there was the good product. But thats some 2 years ago.

FlyRow

Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:11 pm

I do think with the introduction with the A321neo with TP and EI we will see more premium cabins in NB's.
The 757's of EI are another example of current premium cabins in NB's, they fly them from smaller irish airports.

adorelerock
Topic Author

Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:24 pm

Hawaiian stated earlier this year that they are going to have a 3 class layout on the a321 neo! looks really nice!http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2017/04/03/hawaiian-a321neo-first-class/

Austin787

Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:42 pm

JetBlue has A321 with lie flat J seats. AA has 3-class A321 flying JFK-SFO/LAX with lie flats in both J and F. Plus AA, UA, and DL all have 757s with lie flats in J.