AirAfreak
Topic Author

China Airlines and Taipei (TPE).

Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:32 am

Ni hao!

I am seeking your personal experience and any helpful advice when flying with China Airlines and/or transiting in Taipei.

So far, this is what I am advised for my (Los Angeles to Seoul via Taipei) journey with China Airlines:

+ Book the morning departure on the LAX-TPE sector as I am told the morning/daytime departure is the way to go as the evening departure(s) are often delayed.

+ Bring your own inflight blanket. I am told the inbound blankets TPE-LAX are refolded and immediately reused for the outbound LAX-TPE and therefore, are not laundered.

+ Bring a Mandarin and Cantonese phrasebook for greetings and small requests. After all, China Airlines is the vessel and Taiwan is the transit point!

+ Book a longer connection time in Taipei to avoid missing your transit flight. China Airlines will delay a flight for their Paragon Members (well, at LAX Airport I have been told this happens). Once, a Paragon passenger was responsible for delaying an evening flight to Taipei as he was casually shopping at Duty Free well-past final call!

Please kindly add to this list. It doesn't have to be specific to departures from Los Angeles but moreso China Airlines inflight and ground experience.

Thank you in advance for your time!
Economy Class. You vision of loveliness; Prince Charles called and he wants you to fill in for him next week.

KanoMike

Re: China Airlines and Taipei (TPE).

Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:49 pm

Have flown many times thru TPE, but always on the evening flight and have never had any major delays. Don't know about the blankets but never had any problems. If you are only transiting thru TPE, I would not worry about phrase book as everything that is important is in English. I have connect times from 1 hour to 6 hours and have only missed connection once. In fact last year, all flights from North America were running late and CI held all connecting flights to make sure nobody missed their connection.

AirAfreak
Topic Author

Re: China Airlines and Taipei (TPE).

Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:45 pm

KanoMike wrote:
Have flown many times thru TPE, but always on the evening flight and have never had any major delays. Don't know about the blankets but never had any problems. If you are only transiting thru TPE, I would not worry about phrase book as everything that is important is in English. I have connect times from 1 hour to 6 hours and have only missed connection once. In fact last year, all flights from North America were running late and CI held all connecting flights to make sure nobody missed their connection.

That's very helpful to know! Thanks so much!
Economy Class. You vision of loveliness; Prince Charles called and he wants you to fill in for him next week.