micoman
Topic Author
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:55 pm

Boeing 787 - London to Thailand?

Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:11 pm

Hi

I really want to experience the 787 (also the only Boeing Ive not been on yet) and will be travelling to Thailand next February and usually fly Emirates A380.

Does anyone know which airlines use this aircraft on this route?, even if it's only 1 leg of the trip would be good.

Any help appreciated

Mark
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Posts: 3744
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Boeing 787 - London to Thailand?

Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:18 pm

There are no non stop flights on the 787 on LON-BKK however you could try Oman air, Air India, Royal Jordanian, Qatar Airways, Norwegian (through OSL, ARN or CPH) as they all fly 787 to BKK
Forum Moderator
 
User avatar
LostLuggage
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:49 pm

Re: Boeing 787 - London to Thailand?

Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:45 pm

Try Air India from BHX via Delhi. They always seem to offer some of the cheaper UK-Thailand fares and that way you can get 4 legs on the 788. Can't speak for the onboard experience, though.
 
theobcman
Posts: 487
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:16 am

Re: Boeing 787 - London to Thailand?

Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:24 pm

You could try Norwegian LGW>SIN on the 787 & connect up to BKK. They offer some pretty decent fares to SIN.

But that does mean separate booking for SIN-BKK-SIN.
 
theobcman
Posts: 487
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:16 am

Re: Boeing 787 - London to Thailand?

Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:07 pm

Thomson (TUI) LGW>HKT with 787.
 
User avatar
PatrickZ80
Posts: 1709
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:33 am

Re: Boeing 787 - London to Thailand?

Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:14 pm

theobcman wrote:
You could try Norwegian LGW>SIN on the 787 & connect up to BKK. They offer some pretty decent fares to SIN.

But that does mean separate booking for SIN-BKK-SIN.


Or you could book Oslo / Stockholm / Copenhagen to Bangkok on Norwegian, all on the 787. In that case you can include the feeder flight from Gatwick in the booking and you don't need to self-transfer (although it saves you a lot of money if you book the two flights seperately and make your transfer a self-transfer). I've flown the Norwegian 787 myself on Stockholm - Bangkok and back on Bangkok - Oslo.
 
n729pa
Posts: 931
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:16 pm

Re: Boeing 787 - London to Thailand?

Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:28 pm

From London why not try the BA 787 down to Madrid ? Approx GBP85 return cheapest fare. BA are taking off the 777 and putting the 787 on the 460 (I think it is) but certainly the 461 MAD LHR - I've booked a couple of flights on it.

Alternatively you've also got the Latam 787 from MAD to FRA ...for about GBP 90-100 you can even fLY business class. Did it back in March and interesting experience.

AF 787 LHR CDG ends soon so might be too late now

Just a thought a cheaper or alternative option perhaps to fly the 787.
 
User avatar
PatrickZ80
Posts: 1709
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:33 am

Re: Boeing 787 - London to Thailand?

Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:11 pm

n729pa wrote:
From London why not try the BA 787 down to Madrid ? Approx GBP85 return cheapest fare. BA are taking off the 777 and putting the 787 on the 460 (I think it is) but certainly the 461 MAD LHR - I've booked a couple of flights on it.

Alternatively you've also got the Latam 787 from MAD to FRA ...for about GBP 90-100 you can even fLY business class. Did it back in March and interesting experience.

AF 787 LHR CDG ends soon so might be too late now

Just a thought a cheaper or alternative option perhaps to fly the 787.


But it's not just flying the 787. He needs to go to Thailand and wants to fly the 787 to go there.
 
theobcman
Posts: 487
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:16 am

Re: Boeing 787 - London to Thailand?

Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:25 pm

PatrickZ80 wrote:
n729pa wrote:
From London why not try the BA 787 down to Madrid ? Approx GBP85 return cheapest fare. BA are taking off the 777 and putting the 787 on the 460 (I think it is) but certainly the 461 MAD LHR - I've booked a couple of flights on it.

Alternatively you've also got the Latam 787 from MAD to FRA ...for about GBP 90-100 you can even fLY business class. Did it back in March and interesting experience.

AF 787 LHR CDG ends soon so might be too late now

Just a thought a cheaper or alternative option perhaps to fly the 787.


But it's not just flying the 787. He needs to go to Thailand and wants to fly the 787 to go there.


I will mention it again then : Thomson (TUi) Gatwick - Phuket direct. 787 operation from UK to Thailand.
 
n729pa
Posts: 931
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:16 pm

Re: Boeing 787 - London to Thailand?

Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:29 pm

PatrickZ80 wrote:
n729pa wrote:
From London why not try the BA 787 down to Madrid ? Approx GBP85 return cheapest fare. BA are taking off the 777 and putting the 787 on the 460 (I think it is) but certainly the 461 MAD LHR - I've booked a couple of flights on it.

Alternatively you've also got the Latam 787 from MAD to FRA ...for about GBP 90-100 you can even fLY business class. Did it back in March and interesting experience.

AF 787 LHR CDG ends soon so might be too late now

Just a thought a cheaper or alternative option perhaps to fly the 787.


But it's not just flying the 787. He needs to go to Thailand and wants to fly the 787 to go there.


Yes quite aware of that. But giving some additional information that might be of help if he doesnt manage it for some reason. No harm in that is there.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos