Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

rvA340
Topic Author

Help!! MEX-MAD-LIM-MEX

Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:56 am

Hi everyone!!
I need your help please! I need to fly from MEX to mAD then stay there one week and fly from MAD to LIM (need to get a late departing flight bcause have activities in MAD until 2pm... and need to get to LIM before 10am the following day... then I am staying there 5 days and fly back to MEX... I cant find many good/budget alternatives for this trip... please help.. any suggestion.
Also for the MAD-LIM flight (on my needed times) just found either air europa, latam or avianca(stop at bog) any comments on them.. havent flight none on long haul.

I will really appreciate your help!!!
Thank you all!
R

DesertAir

Re: Help!! MEX-MAD-LIM-MEX

Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:56 pm

I would investigate making this trip on KLM. MEX-AMS-MAD-AMS-Lima.

AirbusA343

Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:25 am

It depends on when you are going so I can't give you accurate information. Here is an example of an itinerary
Friday 20th October
MEX-BOG-MAD | Avianca | €871 (quite pricey but it is the most reasonable flight in the sense that it is the cheapest one stop flight and shorter than many)
MEX-BOG 7:51am - 12:24pm
BOG-MEX 2:25pm - 7:05pm

Saturday 28th October
MAD-LIM | Air Europa | €562
12:35am - 5:55am

Wednesday 1st November
LIM-MEX | InterJet | €204
4:55pm - 11:30pm

TOTAL PRICE: €1637
The total price isn't too bad but there is an even cheaper option if you are willing to do a 2 stop flight to Madrid (airport switch at NYC too) by flying MEX-EWR-JFK-LIS-MAD and a one stop flight from MAD-LIM via BOG which would tally up to €1571. This more tiresome option would save just €66 so I would suggest taking the first option.

cofannyc

Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:35 pm

I can get it down to EUR1219.96, but again it depends on the dates you choose.Using a large mix of carriers (priced on Kiwi.com):

Sunday, 5 November:

Viva Aerobus 3142
9:50 AM Mexico City MEX
1:00 PM Cancún CUN

Tuifly Belgium 706
3:40 PM Cancún CUN
7:45 AM Brussels BRU

Air Europa 1172
10:55 AM Brussels BRU
1:20 PM Madrid MAD

Monday, 13 November:

Air Europa 175
11:55 PM Madrid MAD
5:50 AM Lima LIM

Saturday, 18 November:

Interjet 2891
6:20 PM Lima LIM
11:45 PM Mexico City MEX

It will definitely be on separate tickets, but apparently kiwi.com "guarantees" connections (see below) - you will have to work with them en route though.

If you want to get it on one ticket, you'll see the costs start rising especially since basically only that Air Europa flight works with your requirements to leave Madrid late and arrive early in Lima.

kiwi.com guarantee:
For this purpose, we ensure You that in situations when Your Flight(s) is rescheduled, delayed or cancelled, we shall upon activation of Kiwi.com Guarantee, offer You a reasonable alternative Flight(s) or other means of transportation to Your Destination, or a refund of the price You paid for all the unused Flight(s).

rvA340
Topic Author

Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:53 pm

Thank you very much everyone!

At the end I booked
19 OCT mex-mia AEROMEXICO
19 OCT mia-mad AIREUROPA
27 OCT MAD-LIM AIREUROPA
2NOV LIM-MEX INTERJET

I have no clue what to expect from Air Europa... since it is a member of sky team Im expecting skyteam kind of service/safety/etc but I had also heard is kind of a low cost airline and I shouldnt expect the same as from any big carriers... any comments on that?

Thanks for your help!!! :)

R

FlyHappy

Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:37 am

rvA340 wrote:
Thank you very much everyone!

At the end I booked
19 OCT mex-mia AEROMEXICO
19 OCT mia-mad AIREUROPA
27 OCT MAD-LIM AIREUROPA
2NOV LIM-MEX INTERJET

I have no clue what to expect from Air Europa... since it is a member of sky team Im expecting skyteam kind of service/safety/etc but I had also heard is kind of a low cost airline and I shouldnt expect the same as from any big carriers... any comments on that?

Thanks for your help!!! :)

R

I assume you booked the early AM 412 flight into Miami so as to have the max time to clear US immigration, yes?
Definitely a good choice to go with single stop routing - I am curious, were the first two legs booked as a single ticket directly from Air Europa? How much did this end up costing you?

rvA340
Topic Author

Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:38 pm

hey flyhappy!

Actually I booked AM422, but I think I still have enough time to connect (I have global entry, so usually is quite quik)

It was a good alternative because I kind of booked both air europa flights as a "round ticket" mia-mad-lim (around US$600) and I could have done the same mex-mia-lim-mex with interjet but i prefferd to book the mex-mia on AM because of schedule ans skyteam member and the LIM-Mex on interjet (merely price)

I just dont know what to expect in air Europa long haul... anyways it will be my first B787 experience so I guess it shouldnt be that bad..

debonair

Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:55 am

rvA340 wrote:
since it is a member of sky team Im expecting skyteam kind of service/safety/etc but I had also heard is kind of a low cost airline and I shouldnt expect the same as from any big carriers...

True, don't expect too much - their A330's fleet isn't even entirely equipped with PTV, meals are basic. But I have heard their B787 are much better! :crossfingers:

An alternative option would have been PLUS ULTRA A340 service to LIma: https://plusultra.com/en/