Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

aklrno
Topic Author

Air Canada Q400 door usage

Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:18 am

In a few weeks I will be flying SEA to YVR on an Air Canada Jazz Q400. I have a very tight connection so I need to be out the door fast. Will AC use both front and back doors on the Q400 for an international arrival at YVR?

m1m2

Re: Air Canada Q400 door usage

Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:04 am

I can't speak for YVR, but I've never seen the back doors used for passengers at any of the airports I've observed them at (mostly YYZ). I'd suggest trying to get a seat near the front. Shouldn't be a problem as the Q400 at Jazz does not have premium economy (or business), the seats are the same pitch anywhere in the aircraft.

longhauler

Re: Air Canada Q400 door usage

Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:17 pm

If you are connecting Air Canada (Jazz) to Air Canada, then they already are watching you. If your connection looks like a problem then the inbound crew already knows about it and you will be informed if alternate arrangements have been made. If you ask to sit or be reseated near the front, you will likely be accommodated.

That is assuming you are travelling on one PNR. If AC booked it, then they are assuming responsibility for you.

Don't forget, when you arrive from the US at YVR, you don't transfer your checked bags and other than a quick passport check, you don't clear Canada Customs. You just follow the signs right to the outbound international gates staying inside the secure area.

http://www.yvr.ca/en/passengers/navigat ... minal-maps