Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

IAHWorldflyer
Topic Author

Munich Airport Transit Question

Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:26 pm

I will be flying into Munich airport this month and will be meeting a friend who is flying in on another flight. He is on an Iberia flight from MAD, arriving at 11:25. I am on a Lufhansa flight from FRA arriving at 11:10.
Looking at the airport website, he will arrive into Terminal 1A, and I will be arriving into Terminal 2. How easy is it to walk between Terminals 1 and 2? I don't see a direct link on the airport map, but surely there must be a way. Also, is the walk sterile? Meaning no need to reclear security? Or is it just easier to meet at baggage claim?
Thanks in advance for your help.

conaly

Re: Munich Airport Transit Question

Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:41 am

The terminals are separated without any physical connection. There are some shuttle buses connecting both of them, but I'm not sure whether you can change the terminal without a valid connection ticket: https://www.munich-airport.de/_b/000000 ... 200317.pdf

Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:58 am

If you have enough time go out of the sterile area. Between Terminal 1 and 2 is the "Munich Airport Center" (MAC). It is an easy walk from both terminals. In the basement is the train station and on ground level you will find shops and restaurants, including a micro brewery "AirBräu" with excellent beer and Bavarian food.
Edit:
MAC is outside the sterile area. Probably meeting at a bagage claim won't work. They are in different locations for 1A and 2 and only accessible from within the sterile areas of the terminals.

IAHWorldflyer
Topic Author

Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:58 pm

Thank you for the replies. It does look difficult. He decided last night to book a ticket on LH from Madrid, so we will both arrive in Terminal 2. I think this will make meeting easier.