Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

SmithAir747
Topic Author

What Is Norwegian Long Haul Like?

Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:56 pm

I'm booked on DY DEN-LGW return (departing 16 September, returning 30 September), and originally booked Low Fare+ (but recently upgraded to Premium).

What is their service like? Hard and soft product, in both regular and premium classes?

SmithAir747

jetwet1

Re: What Is Norwegian Long Haul Like?

Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:05 pm

Only flown in Premium, it's pretty good, for the price it's hard to beat, food is a little hit or miss, don't be expecting anything like a real J class meal, more like a W class meal at best.

Seat is good, I do wish they would include a pillow of some kind, but honestly, compared to say BA in W there is no comparison, DY blows them out of the water.

IFE is good, service in general is good, when I have flown them it's either been out of LAX or LAS, LAX you get to use the QF lounge, LAS I just used the centurion lounge.

Here is a pretty good review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDGkwMwLtwQ

Edit : 5th row has no window.

PatrickZ80

Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:51 pm

They're fine, nothing wrong with them.

ZuluTime

Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:59 pm

Likewise only flown in Premium. Seats fine, first generation BA Club World seats which are more than adequate as Premium Economy nowadays. As previous posters have said, catering is not great - meal on LGWJFK was more like an old charter airline style meal and served in a pretty messy state which got messier. If you have a reasonable appetite, I'd take a mid-flight snack with you as if there was one bit of the experience I'd change, it would be catering. Seat-back ordering system works fine, had to pay for extra drinks after the meal service but didn't really mind as it wasn't too expensive and nor was the ticket. Cabin environment fine. From a price perspective, it did what we wanted and they were the only folk offering a decent one-way fare to pick up a cruise ex NY which was our purpose of travel. Would be more than happy to do it again.