Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

readytotaxi
Topic Author

Stick your naked feet into the row infront.

Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:49 pm

No info on flight details.

Possible health hazzard or just shameless?
Well I guess some people will do anything, decline of good manners around the world.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/wo ... 92501.html

PatrickZ80

Re: Stick your naked feet into the row infront.

Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:53 pm

As long as they're clean it's not a health hazard, but it's shameless for sure.

Still wonder how that person managed to do that. Most aircraft seats I've seen are so close together there's no room to stick anything between them. But these seats look quite luxury, so I guess it's an upper class airline of at least an upper class cabin. I've never been seated in those as they're much too expensive for me.

Fiend

Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:14 am

Once on-board an aircraft I go barefoot as my feet tend to swell up on long haul, but I would never do that...

opticalilyushin

Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:06 am

A few months ago I was on a KLM out of LAX, and I regret I almost snapped as the person behind me had her bare feet on my arm rest that I was using during the flight. What also didn't help was that her group wouldn't shut up all night and every time the crew pulled the galley curtain closed (the only bright light in the otherwise dark cabin, before walking away), it was then yanked fully open, blinding everyone who tried to sleep.

ChrisKen

Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:33 pm

After asking her to remove the offending extremities, I'd have moved to the window seat or accidentally dropped something on them from the overhead. They simply don't belong there.

11725Flyer

Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:58 pm

Looks like fake news to me.

n729pa

Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:27 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/item/41ef ... da9c683fec

Here's another feature on this.

My initial reaction to the first picture was that it was probably one of these stupid fake picures people do these days and then post for attention seeking.

I wondered why the feet wanted the window shade closed? Plus to me the feet look too horizontal almost tilting down. If we look at the width of the row of seating it dosent look anything special so how would anyone in the row behind get their feet so horizontal unless they're 3 feet tall? If the ball of the foot was flat on the armrest the leg would be angled upwards to the knee, the upper leg coming down to the hip in a more natural position. From the picture to me it looks like they must have been sat on the floor behind.

The picture has been taken using a flash or powerful back lighting. There are sharp shadows on the cabin wall of both the feet and seat in front. Unusual to use a flash onboard and its clearly not a night flight so should be plenty of natural lighting.

Unusual arm rests does anyone recognise them?

Just my opinion but this picture looks staged.

CaptnSnow71

Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:14 am

Staged or not, there's plenty of real examples of this happening. Fortunately, I've never had to experience it first hand - If it does happen though, I can assure you I won't be quiet about it. Something about airports and airplanes make a lot of people lose all sense of respect for others and/or forget they're still in public.

Eagle15

Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:02 am

This did happen to me. :x
I was on VS26 coming across the pond and the woman in front of me decided to take her shoes off and stick her feet between her seat and the window so they were practically in my face!! Besides the awful smell it was not a pleasant sight for 1.5 hours. Some people have no respect for those around them...
Made me a lot more grateful that when I fly I am usually in the very front left seat. :)

B6JFKH81

Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:16 pm

Hate to say it, but it looks like an aircraft in my airline (B6). A320 classic (based on the sidewall), Weber seats with grey leather covers, light grey seat belts, and the DCPU (channel clicker) in the arm rest all look like one of our N5##JB/N6##JB aircraft (until we do the interior refresh on them).

I have experienced this more and more on various airlines flying to different places, people are really gross and have no personal boundaries. Even if you look at the "passenger shaming" page on Instagram, a bunch are bare feet sticking through the arm rest.

spacecadet

Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:01 am

n729pa wrote:
I wondered why the feet wanted the window shade closed?

More likely the F/A did, as they will commonly walk through the aircraft and close the window shades in empty rows.

The picture has been taken using a flash or powerful back lighting.

Yes, all phones have them these days and they're on by default when the phone decides they need to be.

Unusual arm rests does anyone recognise them?

Yes, clearly even the *airline* is fake! I agree with B6JFKH81 that it looks like a B6 plane.

Look familiar?

Not everything is a conspiracy.

PITingres

Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:34 pm

I'll get barefoot after we reach cruising altitude on long flights (TATL or longer), at least partly because so many flights are grossly overheated. I might occasionally have a toe on the back of an armrest, but it would never occur to me to stick my feet into someone else's space like that photo! That's gross.

n729pa

Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:45 pm

Spacecadet... the question was quite simple ...if anyone could identify the seating as they were unusual in design. No conspiracy.

Clearly you don't have a sense of humour either....